THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHOA! New Trouble Side Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Empty
PostSubject: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 3:27 am

Jeff Oly Losen, drummer for Trouble has a new side project... Retro Grave

www.myspace.com/retrograve

Thoughts?

Also maybe you guys can fill me in here. Someone on another site claimed that Olsen was an ordained minister and that is why he originally left Trouble (to pursue ministry efforts).... Is that really true?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 8:20 am

C'mon People!!!

Great stuff IMO
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 10:18 am

Me likey...would like to hear it cranked thru a big system...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 12:01 pm

ghosts of athanasius wrote:
Also maybe you guys can fill me in here. Someone on another site claimed that Olsen was an ordained minister and that is why he originally left Trouble (to pursue ministry efforts).... Is that really true?
I can't listen to the music yet because MySpace is blocked at work. Grumpy

But as far as Jeff's ministry involvement, I'm not sure. I have heard though that he was the one primarily responsible for the band's early lyrical/concept direction because he was a believer, and I believe he also had a big influence on Bruce Franklin's coming to faith as well. But I don't know about the reasons for his departure. I dunno
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:07 am

I've always heard that Eric wrote the lyrics early on and the reason for them being Biblical was that #1, he was reading the Bible a lot at the time and #2, everyone else was playing the satanic angle and they wanted to be different.

I knew Oly left because he became a Christian, or was one already. I was actually surprised to see him on the Supershine project.

Can anyone confirm Ted Kirkpatrick's involvment in Trouble? I saw him once (many years ago) referred to as "ex-Trouble drummer Ted Kirkpatrick"...I'm guessing that, at the most, it was for a few live shows? Isn't Ted from Chicago or something as well?
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:54 am

Yeah Ted was a fan and followed the bad around. When Oly left, and before Barry, Ted practiced with the band as a fill in. He did only one (or just a few) gigs and it ended. Barry replaced him and was golden. I think the one gig Ted palyed was a Milwaukee Metal Fest.

When I very first became a christian I was given two issues of Heaven's Metal. One was a California Metal one and the other was an Illinois Noise one. That is where I heard of Trouble first DVP did an in depth interview and they more or less covered what they were about, who was a believer, etc. I have been DYING to get another copy of that for YEARS. There is a strong sentimentla value for me but also I would love to re-read the article
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 8:30 am

I had those 2 issues...good stuff.

I had every issue from #16 on up to 100+ before I quit reading it...
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 3:15 pm

I'm still trying to get my hands on the new Trouble album. It's too expensive where I've seen it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! New Trouble Side Project   WHOA! New Trouble Side Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHOA! New Trouble Side Project
Page 1 of 1