THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

Male Number of posts : 1791
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:02 pm

You can pick up both of these great re-issues over at Divine Metal Distro
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Male Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Does anyone know if Escapi (or any other label) plans on reissuing the rest of the band's catalog? I thought they did a decent job with these reissues, and I seem to remember hearing that they planned to re-release Run to the Light and Trouble, at the very least, and maybe Manic Frustration and Plastic Green Head too...
Back to top Go down
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:02 pm

I talked to Bruce Franklin at the Trouble show in Austin a few months ago, Escapi ran out of money (which is why Simple Mind Condition never came out in the states), there are no further reissue plans from that label.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:16 pm

Bummer Frown
Back to top Go down
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Maybe someone else will come along who can do a proper job. I was very unhappy with the sound on the Psalm 9 reissue, the original Metalblade vinyl sounded WAY better.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Well, the vinyl will always sound better . . . just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Nuclear Blast or someone needs to snatch up TROUBLE...
Back to top Go down
spectrefate
Mega-Mattafakka
spectrefate

Male Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Nuclear Blast or someone needs to snatch up TROUBLE...

Or Slagel can re-sign them and show the rest of his roster what true metal is.
Back to top Go down
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Magna Carta, Inside Out, Tee Pee, etc. Any of those labels I could see putting out a Trouble record.
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Seriously! The band has a very loyal following (which I'm guessing includes all of us posting in this thread!!) - I would think any metal label that had the money to back a proper promotion of any new TROUBLE material (or any reissues of the old stuff) would find it to be a worthwhile investment. But then, I really know very little about the *business* part of the "music business"...
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:02 pm

A lot of the companies aren't really interested in putting out older stuff. They just want new stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:20 pm

You're talking about Trouble, the Doom band from Chicago ?

Oh, please. Rolling Eyes
I don't know what it is about that band. They should be in the Hot 100.
Just sign them already.

If I were Bill Gates, I'd start a little record label, just to release Trouble's stuff. Buy up their back catalogue, re-release all of it. Call it Trouble Records. And heavily promote their new recordings.
Get them an English tour with another well respected Doom band so as to build up their fanbase in the UK, and go from there.

Get a few more really cool Hard Rock or Metal bands for the label--- nothing but the best. Build a reputation for quality. Not too many bands, because you'd want to adhere to the highest artistic standard; which is hard to maintain. Eventually a lot of fans would come to associate the label name with great music, which would encourage listeners to give the unknown/lesser known bands on the label a chance.

But I digress...

Trouble Rule ! ! Skippy
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Seven Nations has the right idea!
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Yep. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues   Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble's The Skull and Psalm 9 Re-issues
Page 1 of 1