THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again? Empty
PostSubject: Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?   Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 9:15 pm

From a recent interview:

Quote :
PS: With SPV, yes, and that was the motivating factor but as far as what has happened over the past couple of years I have learned from jail and rehab and being in a psychiatric institution, I’m still learning. But I think that I after my mothers death, I was born a roman catholic and I think that I have gone back to my faith. You know people ask me are you a born again Christian and I said no I am a dead again Christian I have always been dead. You I believe in Jesus Christ and God and the whole thing but you know I don’t shove it down anyone’s throat. You know it’s a very private personal thing and faith is really strong and I really want to see my mother and father again and also I can’t believe that somebody like Hitler and Mother Teresa are going to the same place after death. I can’t believe that.

Read the entire article here:

http://www.mkblog.mk-magazine.com/wordpress/?p=778
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?   Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 12:12 pm

I believe Pete is sincere. Pete is an entertainer, that's his job. He makes his $$$ that way. Pete is a Christian but that doesn't mean Pete has been called into the ministry nor does it mean he has suddenly become perfect, it only means that he has now realized how imperfect he really is and there is nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?   Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Peter has only recently rediscovered his faith. It will take some time. When Vince (aka Alice Cooper) became a believer he was very low profile and quietly got discipled for a few years first. Dave Mustaine was similarly, kind of, low profile. Reading the article makes me believe he is totally sincere but he is also a relatively new believer and will need to work through stuff. Please keep praying for him
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?   Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:36 pm

That's really cool to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?   Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Steele (of Type O Negative) -- born again?
Page 1 of 1