THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Type O Negative

Go down 
+6
Judah AriYah
strigoi
dOOm&gLOOm
Popergeist
ghosts of athanasius
TrogDawn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
strigoi
Cheweezie the Wookiee Queen
strigoi

Female Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Type O Negative - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:48 am

Is that the first time you saw Type O Negative? They are pretty bizarre. Razz
I saw them three times and each time was different. It all depends on the band members' "mood". It does take TON long to get set up.

One show Steele said he had a *expletive* day and thanked everyone for coming to the show, they played, then just walked off stage. That was entertaining - not. Another time they were all a bit rowdy, pulled a girl from the audience and dared her to drink from Steele's boot. She did! YUCK! She lived, though. So he gave her his boot. And they brought out a case of toilet paper and there was a battle (of sorts) with the audience - rolls of toilet paper flying back and forth. Half the people left with it trailing from their shoes. The last time I saw them they were with Cradle of Filth. Weird mixture to me. They were having all kinds of technical difficulties with the keyboards set up. Towards the end (they didn't play their full set), the tech was trying to fix something on stage while Silver was fiddling with some buttons between songs and Silver just grabbed the tech by the neck of his shirt, screamed at him, pushed him away then they walked off stage.

So...Type O Negative is quite an adventure each time you see them.
Back to top Go down
silentwake
Mattafakka
silentwake

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:54 am

strigoi wrote:
Is that the first time you saw Type O Negative? They are pretty bizarre. Razz
I saw them three times and each time was different. It all depends on the band members' "mood". It does take TON long to get set up.

One show Steele said he had a *expletive* day and thanked everyone for coming to the show, they played, then just walked off stage. That was entertaining - not. Another time they were all a bit rowdy, pulled a girl from the audience and dared her to drink from Steele's boot. She did! YUCK! She lived, though. So he gave her his boot. And they brought out a case of toilet paper and there was a battle (of sorts) with the audience - rolls of toilet paper flying back and forth. Half the people left with it trailing from their shoes. The last time I saw them they were with Cradle of Filth. Weird mixture to me. They were having all kinds of technical difficulties with the keyboards set up. Towards the end (they didn't play their full set), the tech was trying to fix something on stage while Silver was fiddling with some buttons between songs and Silver just grabbed the tech by the neck of his shirt, screamed at him, pushed him away then they walked off stage.

So...Type O Negative is quite an adventure each time you see them.

Excellent - That's how rock and roll should be.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 am

Yeah, I have heard that with each tour they pull new stunts just to piss everyone off. It's awesome if you ask me.

I actually MISSED them this past time they came (with Celtic Frost, no less). I am still FURIOUS about it ... seriously, I missed it for a really DUMB reason and I have never been more pissed off about missing a show ... EVER. But I'll get over it. They'll come back, right?
Back to top Go down
silentwake
Mattafakka
silentwake

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:07 am

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
Yeah, I have heard that with each tour they pull new stunts just to piss everyone off. It's awesome if you ask me.

I actually MISSED them this past time they came (with Celtic Frost, no less). I am still FURIOUS about it ... seriously, I missed it for a really DUMB reason and I have never been more pissed off about missing a show ... EVER. But I'll get over it. They'll come back, right?

Was the reason that you had no frock to go in?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:49 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:

I pretty much did the same thing the last time VOIVOD came through town in 2004, and what's worse, I had a chance back in 1986 to see them in SF when they were on the RRROOOAAARRR!!! tour and I didn't go then either.  Now that Piggy's gone, I'll never get to see them. Grumpy
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 pm

resurrection of a seven year old thread.....now that is metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type O Negative
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2