THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from the Planet Doom

Go down 
+2
TrogDawn
SabbSteve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Greetings from the Planet Doom Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 am

Greetings all,this is a formal invite to enter the Planet Doom to anyone who does the My Space thing.It's finally happened, I have my own little cyberworld to play in,come my doom friends and bask in the sonic emanations of Doom ,Gothic, Power and fantasy metal.

http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:13 pm

I fixed your link for you, Steve. cool beans!

You gotta work on putting those spaces in between words, bro! Winky

Sounds like fun! Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 pm

Really? I thought it was all part of his mystique! Goofball

I mean ... you can't really honestly say you're into doom if you aren't just a LITTLE, TAD WEE BIT crazy in da head, right??? Bouncy

Sabbsteve ... keep up the good work. Spaces are for the weak. Furious
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 5:14 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
keep up the good work. Spaces are for the weak. Furious
Why...you're...you're...you're a...you're a SPACIST!!! Miffed
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 6:17 pm

Touche! Laughing

And apparently you've developed a stutter! Manic

LordTsebaoth
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:30 am

:doh2: Yeah , we all know I'm no good at links.It is pretty cool though ,I got a request from a guy named Sherman, that looked like a doom/metal sort of guy.I clicked on to his page and lo and behold it was DAVE SHERMAN ! of Spirit Caravan and Earthride so thus it began,now I'm getting requests daily so the Planet is doomin!Just to clarify ,are you talking about my page,if you are its that particular layout,you can press the spacebar three times and it will have moved a fraction of an inch on screen,but its cool so I'm keeping it for now.If not then I'm confused (like thats anything new LOL !)
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:58 am

yeah I got to say cool page bro... Great layout
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:06 am

Nah, I was just talking about spaces in your posts. That's why the link didn't work at first. No biggie though, like dOOgie (aka dOOm&glOOm) said, we all have our little quirks. Winky

Last edited by on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:31 pm

Hello! Cool,yeah,was just wondering what you were talking about,if you or any of the others get a minute click on over and check out the changes I made,got a cool " looking" banner ,it just doesn't seem to work right,sometimes its there ,sometimes it isn't.Any tips from the Master of the Cave or any other comp enlightened souls would be appreciated.Pretty cool man, nearing 50 inhabitants of the planet,though the Cave will always be my fave relaxation station !
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 4:26 pm

sabbsteve wrote:
Any tips from the Master of the Cave or any other comp enlightened souls would be appreciated.
First suggestion: Put the C.D.A. in your Top Friends list!!! Goofball
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey,already taken care of,another cool event,Louis Strachan of LIFE BEYOND requested,he's now doing bass for IRON MAN, I invited him to visit the Cave,pretty cool he gives tribute to the Eternal Master on his page,you can access from mine if you don't already have him in yours.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:44 pm

Hey guys,nearing 65 inhabitants of the Planet Doom,thanks to the mighty Trog and Ghosts for coming on,anybody here is welcome to join,have lots of great bands and still looking for more.Want to make this a major event,like to have more people as well as more bands.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:29 pm

Hey man, as soon as I have a chance, I will friend request from all of the CDA sites, etc. that I currently run. That will give you a good batch. Troggish
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:32 pm

coolness
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Thanks guys,yeah,since learning that there are so many others with spiritual beliefs that like all these different bands, I am taking the "its cool" approach, similiar to the concept I had with Resurrection Thunder.I want to show some of these people and members of bands that there is a different side to spiritual people ,and hopefully show that not all believers are intolerant jerks and some are really cool and play really cool music.I sincerely appreciate your help,I am literally trying to start something here unprecedented and want to do all I can to change the perceptions some people have of believers and heavy music fans,this was my dream with the mag,but this time I am the one with earthly control.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Manic As of this writing nearing 80,LOTS of cool bands on board and I've started decorating the place (my wife says I've gone banner happy )but hey,thats what this is about,promotion,guys you gotta check out the Iron Maidens,cool concept I think and also have a cool Blind Guardian banner on there too,yeah,its official I've gone banner happy LOL !
Back to top Go down
strigoi
Cheweezie the Wookiee Queen
strigoi

Female Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 9:22 am

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:

I mean ... you can't really honestly say you're into doom if you aren't just a LITTLE, TAD WEE BIT crazy in da head, right??? Bouncy
I thought everyone knew that. Razz
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:48 pm

At 120 and counting,tons of excellent bands on board,some I didn't even know had pages or fan pages,even getting a few requests from some fans now,totally cool !
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Hey guys,due to an attack of the Evil Empire of reality,as in we can't afford to keep paying for this computer,you may not hear from me for a while.I'm hoping and praying that we can get our desktop back,it is said to be fixed but I haven't yet got a hold of the person that is holding it,so,I might be gone for a while.I have a bonus coming up so I should be back soon ,just may be a while,don't know anything for certain except this thing has to be returned tomorrow.On the brighter side I am determined to reach 200 eternal elms tonight,going out with "all guns blazing !"
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:19 am

OK man, come back when you can. Troggish
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:27 am

Hey Trog,are you still here ?
Back to top Go down
strigoi
Cheweezie the Wookiee Queen
strigoi

Female Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:37 am

I don't think I'd survive without my computer! Crying
Although...I managed quite well on vacation. Maybe think of it as a vacation?? Sad
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:50 am

Yeah, I really hope its not for long,but just in case I'm letting you guys know,probably the only place that really cares.I am like the phoenix mentally,if at all possible I will rise again soon,I must,my Planet is teeming with activity and hey ,I must defy the Evil Empire of the world,right now though I am focusing on getting to 200 .
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 am

That sucks about being offline bro...
Hope all goes better soon! Very soon. I will be praying for you
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:13 am

Thanks man,yeah this is the last blast until when we can get the desktop back,with my wife needing meds and co-pays and stuff,just can't afford this thing,its going back today.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:45 pm

MASSIVE VOLUME GREEETINGS !!!Hey guys,my brilliant wife figured out how to get the old ancient relic we still had to work .It is like driving a tractor down the highway(hang on ma ,I'll be there sometime before supper !Laughing ) but praise God ,at least I did get here !Hope you all are well,still working on getting back up to proper speed,hopefully soon
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:51 pm

YEAH,back to proper Sabbath speed,the Planet is back! Nearing 140,added Implacable,thought I recognized that name,cool.............this calls for a doom ride ,dontcha think......AMEN! A doomy WAHOO!
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:22 pm

Crazy ,crazy ,crazy this time of year in retail,thanks for all your prayers guys,starting to get back in the swing of things,hope to soon have more time to be on here.......A very Merry Metal Christmas to you all and to all a groovin,doomin night.....HAH frigging hah,take care guys........
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Over 150 and still plodding along,thanks to all that have joined,keep spreading the metal word..........Doom on my friends,doom on ! Doomy, Batty
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:59 am

IT LIVES........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the return of The Thread That Will Not Die! Thanks to good ol public access the Planet continues to slowly move in its doom speed(is that a contradiction of terms?!) through its orbit within the cyber universe,heavy metal will never die!
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Tony Iommi Hey ,just wanted to say hi to all that have visited my site and invite anyone that hasn't, to do a friend request,need all the DOOM fans I can get,fans of Power,Gothic, Progressive,Thrash etc welcome too....God Bless You All......
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:25 pm

Good to see you Steve. Smile
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:30 am

Good to see you again my friend,can't go into any details right now but due to certain changes in our life I just might be able to get online at home again,which will allow me to come on here more,which..means I can bug you ,Ghosts and Kid Gloom again...now won't that be nice..... Goofball
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:31 pm

Would be excellent my friend! you are missed!
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:07 pm

ArchAngel Risen from the ashes,thy spirit eternal,let evil beware when thy dark wings once again take flight in the night over the wretched earth........or in other words.... I HAVE RETURNED !!!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:08 am

Hey man ,thanks for the welcomegreat to be back,gonna start working toward the 300 the next couple of weeks.......
Back to top Go down
Frenchie
Wanker
Frenchie

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:14 am

SabbSteve wrote:
ArchAngel Risen from the ashes,thy spirit eternal,let evil beware when thy dark wings once again take flight in the night over the wretched earth........or in other words.... I HAVE RETURNED !!!

Tarata tsoin tsoin Laughing

Sorry, my bad, french humor...it was too tempting Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.crypticmadness.com
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:46 am

Alright, TRADUIRE please,that is not in my paperback French Eng dictionary...
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:21 pm

Well,over 300 friends now,I would call that somewhat of a success,if anyone here has not joined,please do so .....God Bless You All
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:20 am

Nearing 400 bands and now more fans as well,just discovered the band Ruthless from way back when, on www.vibrationsofdoom.com, on preliminary listens they kind of remind me of the (US) band Tyrant,heavy Priest style mid-paced metal.I am getting the mp3's of "Discipline Of Steel" and may do a review for it if I have time.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:42 am

WELL,ITS ABOUT FRAEKIN TIME someone else came here and trumped what has seemed like my never ending rule over the posts here,nearly every fraekin one bore my doom moniker.As for myself I have been busy.........downloading......shhh !

.I tried forever to get people to trade but only got one response and he had no power metal ,so I succumbed to the temptation and walked on the dark side.Actually,it has only made me want the cds more.For anyone who might be interested,curious,bored etc. my latest descent into myspace madness is www.myspace.com/thunderlight3 focusing on Power,Speed and Thrash,with a very cool background ,HEAVY METAL SHALL NEVER DIE !
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 am

Sounds promising... I will have to listen
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 am

Ok any band that references Rock N Rule is on to something in my books!
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 pm

I have the comic book promo of Rock n Rule,I took the pic a long time ago for a Group icon,my wife traded in her phone so I have no way of taking any more photos,enh,I also thought it fit well with the Heavy Metal background.

Planet Doom is more of a personal site that has info and pics of me and my band friends,as well as promoting bands, but this one is solely about promoting the bands,more of a showcase for power metal and thrash,though ,as usual,anyone is welcome..........
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Greetings from the Planet Doom Michael2 I HAVE RETURNED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Phoenix of Doom has risen again,let the decievers beware Greetings from the Planet Doom Storm the shadow of dark wings and the talons of vengeance,bring on the hordes and the wicked warlords...............................!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

uh...Hi Steve!

Make sure you go and pay homage to Bobo in the Treybizarro forum!
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Greetings from the Planet Doom Embarass Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_twisted well......,you know me,got to make a dramatic entrance,is "Bobo" some sort of fuzzed out stoner deity or something,looks like it from what I could see,this comp is no faster with dial -up than the other one was so I still can't see You tube stuff.btw Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_eek have you heard the trippy (literally) news that once again psychedelics are being looked at as a treatment..........we have officially re-entered the 60's, an unpopular war,a (very) unpopular prez and now this,at least the music is heavier, and there is much more of it Greetings from the Planet Doom Zclap-ha

"Nothing's in the past, it always seems to come again,
Again and again and again" Greetings from the Planet Doom Iommi Greetings from the Planet Doom Geezer
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 pm

I have returned....again lol. Can't believe I remembered the words to enter into the Dwelling of Doom...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks for coming! Yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Planet Doom   Greetings from the Planet Doom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Planet Doom
Page 1 of 1