THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Paul Chain a Christian?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Is Paul Chain a Christian? Empty
PostSubject: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:07 pm

I just noticed he is included in the Christian Doom Alliance ... I didn't know Paul Chain was a Christian, is he?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:18 pm

I believe he is, based on his logo and some of the titles and lyrics I've heard him use. I can't point you to anything that specifically says that he is, but my gut tells me yes.
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:22 pm

That's cool, I had no idea. As a note, it's good you include bands that are Christian but aren't necesarily wrapped up in the "christian music" industry or label.

BTW, Are you gonna throw Sleep in there as well?

... so now Wino has worked with TWO Christian groups ... wonder if he'll ever change his mind???
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:50 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
If you can point me to some of their material that has lyrics with Christian or biblical themes, I might - although their heavy pro-weed stance might disqualify them. Were any of those guys believers that you know of?

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
... so now Wino has worked with TWO Christian groups ... wonder if he'll ever change his mind???
Who has he worked with besides PoS? Huh?
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:29 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
If you can point me to some of their material that has lyrics with Christian or biblical themes, I might - although their heavy pro-weed stance might disqualify them. Were any of those guys believers that you know of?

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
Who has he worked with besides PoS? Huh?

@ the first part: To be honest, I've never read through Sleep's lyrics. I just always thought it was common knowledge that they were a "christian" band in that the main dood (don't know his name) behind Sleep was a christian. I don't know if that's true as I never verified it but I've heard that a few places. What I heard is that his use of weed was in order to feel "spiritual" or connected to God ... he would use it in a ritualistic fashion in the way that it has been used historically for spiritual purposes. Again, I'm not sure if that's true.

Metal Archives lists Sleep's lyrical themes to be "weed, Biblical themes".

I can look through Sleep's lyrics though and let you know if I find anything.

@ the second part: Wino has also done work with Paul Chain. I don't have any of Chain's albums so I couldn't tell you where, but I've got a few MP3s where the artist Paul Chain feat. Wino kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 4:17 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
@ the second part: Wino has also done work with Paul Chain. I don't have any of Chain's albums so I couldn't tell you where, but I've got a few MP3s where the artist Paul Chain feat. Wino kind of thing.
I didn't know Wino did somethign with Paul Chain. I know Lee Dorrian did, but I hadn't heard about Wino. Let me know more as you find out, ok?
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:12 pm

sure thing
Back to top Go down
BLOOD AND IRON
Wanker
BLOOD AND IRON

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:48 pm

I'm a fan of PAUL CHAIN's work, firstly it took some time to get in the mood of some of Chain's music, one day i listened carefully "Park of Reason" then i started to get other albums.
Wino works in some songs of the Paul Chain album "Unreleased part 2". Its a great album in fact, for me, better than Alkahest (the one with Dorrian).

Speaking about bands that have biblical themes on lyrics that doesnt make a band "Christian oriented".
Many people take from the bible as if it was from some fiction book that can inspire to make some lyrical themes.
The main man behind Sleep was Matt Pike (who is currently doing High on Fire) but i think you are referring maybe to Al Cisneros or Chris...the guys who are doing now Om. I dont believe Matt is a Christian...but...i live very far from you all so what do i really know...by the way...considering Saint Vitus a Christian oriented band is a bit too much. It influenced a bit mainly for their MEGAcool logo but remember the cross has been used in Doom with other meanings too...just look at Reverend Bizarre for a good example of what i mean.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 am

His albums are not all that easy to come by here in the US (especially the early ones), so I managed to download them all and I'm in the midst of making a 3 volume, 21 disc set of his entire catalogue. That way, I can turn myself on to them while I add the actual cd's to my collection as I come across them. So far, I have managed to find the Park of Reason cd, but I've never seen another one in my travels thus far (although I believe Hellride and All That's Heavy carry a couple of them). He's an incredibly prolific artist to be sure, and so far, I love everything I've heard. Plus, he's not afraid to get AMBIENT in between his DOOM projects - just like me! GEEN!
Back to top Go down
BLOOD AND IRON
Wanker
BLOOD AND IRON

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 pm

You Ambiental freaks !! Laughing Freaktrog
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:16 pm

BLOOD AND IRON wrote:
Such a HIGH compliment! Thanks! GEEN!
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:04 pm

BLOOD AND IRON wrote:

^^ This guy probably likes that "trash" metal or whatever the kids are kalling it nowadays ... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Hey dOOgie, I have a bunch of P.C. for you to check out if I ever get around to mailing you your copy of Kyna... GEEN!
Back to top Go down
BLOOD AND IRON
Wanker
BLOOD AND IRON

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:40 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
BLOOD AND IRON wrote:

^^ This guy probably likes that "trash" metal or whatever the kids are kalling it nowadays ... Rolling Eyes

Shocked Shame on you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Paul Chain a Christian?   Is Paul Chain a Christian? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Paul Chain a Christian?
Page 1 of 1