THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...

Go down 
+2
SabbSteve
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Empty
PostSubject: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:17 am

Seems to be a trend in modern power metal circles to name your band after a fart. Name some bands you can think of...

My first vote goes to

SILENT FORCE
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 9:23 am

Second vote:

FIREWIND
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 7:27 pm

Evile & OOF! don't know about wind so much but there has to be a heck of a story about the naming of death metallers Defecation.One theory I have is ,someone walked into the room,and said that sounds like shiite ,and little lightbulbs came on in their heads.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 9:26 pm

sabbsteve wrote:
Evile & OOF! don't know about wind so much but there has to be a heck of a story about the naming of death metallers Defecation.One theory I have is ,someone walked into the room,and said that sounds like shiite ,and little lightbulbs came on in their heads.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 10:03 am

I'm not sure about bands but my vote for the best flatulent based album titles goes to
Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... E253989k30g
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Popergeist wrote:
I'm not sure about bands but my vote for the best flatulent based album titles goes to
Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... E253989k30g

Good one. It's the album that inspired this thread. LOL.

I thought for sure Trog would have something to add to this one.

ult
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:39 pm

what about the neoclassical prog band WINDS??? Huh?
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:48 am

How about the band, The Wipers. Sorry.Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:46 pm

Shocked Not prog,but I remember one from years ago named Butt Trumpet,we may not want to know how that one came about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:53 pm

sabbsteve wrote:
Shocked Not prog,but I remember one from years ago named Butt Trumpet,we may not want to know how that one came about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dood, you just TOTALLY stole my thunder! Grumpy I was just about to mention them when I saw your post. Now I have nothing... Crying
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 4:49 pm

well if it's any coincidence, up here there was a band by that same name, plus for a bit there was also an act called the stool samples.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 7:51 am

Popergeist wrote:
well if it's any coincidence, up here there was a band by that same name, plus for a bit there was also an act called the stool samples.

Ugh! Neutral
That's as disturbing as you avatar. LOL!
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
That's as disturbing as you avatar. LOL!
Imagine the live show! Nasty!
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:58 am

I never understood bands who named themselves after feces. In the NW here there is a band called floater that has gained some popularity.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
That's as disturbing as you avatar.
If by "disturbing" you mean "gets me all hot and bothered", then I agree 100%! Drooling...
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:43 am

TrogDawn wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
If by "disturbing" you mean "gets me all hot and bothered", then I agree 100%! Drooling...
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean it that way troggy F.U.B.A.R.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:45 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
sabbsteve wrote:
Dood, you just TOTALLY stole my thunder! Grumpy I was just about to mention them when I saw your post. Now I have nothing... Crying
Hey Trog............I mean.............its not like I really wanted to mention them, and believe you me this is the only instance in which I would,........maybe? This color seems appropriate for this particular subject and for the mention....oh...should I..........(holding nose while typing) Fudge(trying not to retch) Tunnel............ooooo.......that felt awful ,let us never speak of that again! DOUBLE Nasty!
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Second vote:

FIREWIND
I know I'm risking getting a raspberry here but I really like the cd "Between Heaven and Hell" and am.............guilty of doing a review.In all seriousness though the tune"I Will Fight Alone" is total retro 80's Metal Blade material,and the vox on BHH had a rougher than usual voice for a prog band,I think they have a diff. one now.
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:49 pm

It was a different singer and he was very good. I like Firewind, though I like guitar wankery and Gus G. has it in spades.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Cool, yeah my review was pretty positive,personally I like that some of these new bands are updating the retro 80's kind of stuff,since I have one yes vote I will try to post it later.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 6:23 am

sabbsteve wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Second vote:

FIREWIND
I know I'm risking getting a raspberry here but I really like the cd "Between Heaven and Hell" and am.............guilty of doing a review.In all seriousness though the tune"I Will Fight Alone" is total retro 80's Metal Blade material,and the vox on BHH had a rougher than usual voice for a prog band,I think they have a diff. one now.

Nothing wrong with Firewind, other than their name sounds like a FART! Gus G is a great guitarist.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 6:23 am

Popergeist wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean it that way troggy F.U.B.A.R.

Of course, what else could it mean? Afraid
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:34 am

sabbsteve wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
sabbsteve wrote:
Hey Trog............I mean.............its not like I really wanted to mention them, and believe you me this is the only instance in which I would,........maybe? This color seems appropriate for this particular subject and for the mention....oh...should I..........(holding nose while typing) Fudge(trying not to retch) Tunnel............ooooo.......that felt awful ,let us never speak of that again! DOUBLE Nasty!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...   Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands whose names were inspired by the breaking of wind...
Page 1 of 1