THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Empty
PostSubject: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:38 am

I have Alone. What would you all recommend as the next one to pick up?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:54 pm

I personally favor the first two: Into the Depths of Sorrow and Beyond the Crimson Horizon.
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:07 am

Downfall or Adagio

Now that you've started with the newest, it's probably best to go backwards...thier first 2 that Trog mentioned are more "epic" and not as sinister sounding as the newer stuff...
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Hey man,as someone who has written extensively on the subject,I would say it depends on the style you're into ,and maybe also the lryical content as well.Sorrow and Crimson are the early ones and have more spiritualish themes and have an epic Candlemass feel.On Through The Darkest they began to expieriment with a bit of more of a heavy groove ,so it might be the one to get,its kind of the middle area also lyricwise ,after Lyle left ,Robert wrote most of the stuff and it became a lot bleaker in content.Their my friends and I'm a big fan still to this day so I say get em all ,but yeah Darkest is a flawless,aggressive doom masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:15 am

I love the Candlemass epicness as you call it so I may start with those. Looks like I'm gonna have to hunt me down some more SA. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:08 pm

Type in Brainticket Records man and you are there in the land of doom ruled by the southern master o doom John Perez,he also has VITUS t-shirts,what more could you want,looks like he doesn't have Darkest but he probably can get it.
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 11:51 am

So, I picked up the first two and have given each about a half dozen spins. Very cool and very Candlemass-never a bad thing. On to the next ones. Listened to Adagio sound samples and they ruled.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:29 pm

etombdissonance wrote:
So, I picked up the first two and have given each about a half dozen spins. Very cool and very Candlemass-never a bad thing. On to the next ones. Listened to Adagio sound samples and they ruled.

Adagio is their "magnum opus"! WAY UP!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 9:42 am

I just picked up the remastered version of "From the Depths of Sorrow" and it's outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?   What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Solitude Aeturnus should I buy next?
Page 1 of 1