THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Empty
PostSubject: W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd   W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:05 am

Yeah,WASP,I quit listening to them years ago when I discovered the more meaningful musical pastures of the heavy underground ,doom,and Christian metal.
Now Blackie is writing more spiritual lyrics,I always liked his buzzsaw vocals but the sleaze turned me off,their newest,BABYLON is a hard driving reasonably heavy metal slab based on Revelation,with that classic WASP approach,also contains a killer update on the Rainbow classic "Burn",driving but catchy as can be,no joke,the fraekin choruses will stay in your head for days...........
Back to top Go down
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd   W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:25 pm

I take you mean Deep Purple's Burn ? Interesting i will have to check it out, good to see someone else posting on here still !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.doommantia.com/
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd   W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:27 pm

W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Eusa_eh W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Laugh LOL,damn it,I did the same thing over at the CMR board,because of the tempo and the subject matter,my metal addled brain W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Willy_ni keeps thinking of that song as a Rainbow song,it should have been a Rainbow song IMO,I think Dio could have nailed it,the lyrics just sound right up his alley,anyway,its a great cover W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Thumbs
Back to top Go down
NapalmDave
Mattafakka
NapalmDave

Male Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd   W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:44 am

i love wasp, have since i was a kid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd   W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:08 pm

I got into them after taping the b-side song "Show No Mercy" offf the radio,since it seemed to be kind of a post apocalpytic thing,I was thinking lyrically they would be Judas Priest like.I bought the first album and liked a few songs but left them and Motley Crue behind after hearing the more interesting lyrics of Sabbath,Trouble and underground stuff like Tyrant,Grave Digger,Metal Massacre's etc. and then later more spiritual heavy music like Saint,Rose,Seventh Angel etc.

Blackie has some really cool lyrics on this one and since I have always liked his voice,it was easy for me to dig this right away.Also,to me Blackie and Hansi of Blind Guardian have a similiar raspy,throaty singing style,I think that is one of the reasons I got into BG quicker than some have, as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd   W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P ? ! Awesome new cd
Page 1 of 1