THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blind Guardian

Go down 
+3
SabbSteve
IronGuardian
Sword Of The Heretic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Mattafakka
Sword Of The Heretic

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm

http://www.myspace.com/blindguardian

I've only owned one album of theirs before, which was A Night at the Opera. Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 am

You started with A Night at the Opera? Risky!

Get hold of their middle albums, Somewhere Far Beyond, Imaginations Through the Looking Glass and Nightfall in Middle Earth. Thats the best place to start. Their first three albums are more thrashy, heavier, and their latest are more orchestral, epic, harder to get into.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Ed-banger! One of my new favorites,Hansi has a different voice,but with repeated listenings have determined he has a Dio kind of quality,in that he can take a cover and make it his,kind of ..ahem...like someone else I know,a certain Mr Robert Lowe.(shameless,shameless name dropping Shame on you ) Hansi does an awesome take on Uriah Heep's Wizard and excels on Demon's Don't Break The Circle.Overall,I think NIME might be their best album,they really should do one on the Felllowship or any of the rest of the Trilogy,IMHO that is where their strength lies,like Dio,they are at their best with mystic or fantasy themes.
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:13 am

Yup - agreed.

Good band. . . some times kind of samey - but overall good stuff. I have several.

What's the band that one of the singers from BG left to form. . . ?
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
Sword Of The Heretic
Mattafakka
Sword Of The Heretic

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am

That would be Demons and Wizards, along with Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am

Ah. that was pretty good. But I thought there was another. . . . hmmmm.

Savage Circus? Is that one?

I don't know. . .

Smile
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Spinning A Twist in the Myth now.

Great disc. Or mp3's - or whatever.

Good music!!!!!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 am

Battalions of Fear is one of my favorites along with Imaginations and Nightfall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am

Nightfall was my first - still a great disc.
Back to top Go down
exo
Wanker
exo

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:57 pm

_Wes wrote:
Ah. that was pretty good. But I thought there was another. . . . hmmmm.

Savage Circus? Is that one?

I don't know. . .

Smile

it was BG's drummer, Thomen Stauch, that formed Savage Circus after leaving BG. He's been replaced by Mike Terrana at this point, though.... Savage Circus contains some members from Persuader (guitarist Emil Norberg, vocalist Jens Carlson) and Iron Savior (guitarist Piet Sielck). It's pretty much the direction I WISH BG had gone after NiME, and Carlson is EERILY similar to Hansi.

If you like the Hansi's vocals, I have to strongly urge you to check out both Persuader's catalog and Dark Empire's "Humanity Dethroned" disc, which Jens did vocals for. Persuader is a LOT like a thrashier version of the early Blind Guardian style, and Dark Empire is a thrashy powermetal band that is a beast all unto its own.
Back to top Go down
exo
Wanker
exo

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Prophet of Doom
Hatchling Noob
Prophet of Doom

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 pm

_Wes wrote:

Same here. I bought it when it came out and quickly commenced in collecting the rest of their catalogue. As for their next albuim....I actually wasn't too impressed with Night At the Opera when it came out. I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so I missed the mystical quality of their 4 previous albums. Either way, BG are one of the most talented bands in the metal genre.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 am

"A Night At the Opera" is easily my favorite, followed by "A Twist in the Myth."
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Prophet of Doom wrote:
_Wes wrote:

Same here. I bought it when it came out and quickly commenced in collecting the rest of their catalogue. As for their next albuim....I actually wasn't too impressed with Night At the Opera when it came out. I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so I missed the mystical quality of their 4 previous albums. Either way, BG are one of the most talented bands in the metal genre.

If you are not already familiar with them you might check out the older work of Attacker,they make some references to the Wizard and co on some songs,one of the albums is actually titled "Battle At Helms Deep",also if you visit my power/speed/metal culture site www.myspace.com/thunderlight3 you can find links to other fantasy metal bands,some you may not have heard of,and if you are a Tolkien fan you are cordially invited to visit www.myspace.com/swordofthegods and let me know what you think of my writing project Blind Guardian Embarass shameless,shameless plugging at work here Blind Guardian Icon_twisted Blind Guardian Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blind Guardian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian   Blind Guardian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind Guardian
Page 1 of 1