THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Empty
PostSubject: Sabbath''s Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:04 pm

I won't re-post this when there's already a thread over at HoM right here:

http://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/paranoid-3-cd-set-kicks-off-deluxe-edition-black-sabbath-series-t8870.htm

But I just got this in the mail yesterday and I'm very impressed! Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
NapalmDave
Mattafakka
NapalmDave

Male Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:59 pm

I finally got to hear the bonus disc today (though I have yet to get the actual disc - broke as hell).

A GREAT chance to hear a work in progress from one of the best bands of all-time. I'm especially fond of the version of Planet Caravan on here, not just for the lack of effects on Ozzy's voice...but also for the extended Iommi guitar solo at the end (one of his jazziest).

I'd have to side by side comparison them to figure out whether it's the same takes as the albums, but in some cases there are definite differences. For example, no Phaser effect on Electric Funeral and the lack of guitar overdubs in other places.

The one I'm really looking forward to is the deluxe version of the debut album. Here's hoping they finally include the full-length version of Warning that Iommi has been talking about for decades. Plus it would be nice to get some of those early demos like "Song For Jim" and "The Rebel" finally issued.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Mattafakka
oldschooldoom

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 pm

It's probably no secret I love Sabbath, especially Ozzy era followed by (no pun intended) the Dio era. But I am not too fond of the big business that is called Black Sabbath. Who is pocketing the money from: 40 best of compilations, 8 box sets, and 21 live albums and/or concert videos?

All this from 18 full lengths...sheez! That sets some kind of record. MUNKYDEMON LUV U!
Back to top Go down
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 pm

I love the deluxe versions of these albums, some see it as an cash-in but I think they are essential for the Sabbath freak. I know though, it can get pretty ridiculous releasing multiple versions of the same album but at least this time its worth the money. I now have bought all the original Sabbath/Ozzy era albums 9 times on Vinyl's, CD's and picture discs. The funniest is versions of the originals released by a Indonesian company that is not only missing tracks but misspells every song title. War Poges is my favorite lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doommantia.com/
oldschooldoom
Mattafakka
oldschooldoom

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:21 pm

To each their own. I prefer a ton of bootleg live performances especially of the Ozzy/Dio era. LOL, I have about 100 boots but no compilations.
Back to top Go down
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:14 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
To each their own. I prefer a ton of bootleg live performances especially of the Ozzy/Dio era. LOL, I have about 100 boots but no compilations.

They are a big part of my collection too, I used to have Sabbath boot website that might do again one day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doommantia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series   Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabbath's Paranoid 3-CD set kicks off Deluxe Edition series
Page 1 of 1