THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celtic Frost

Go down 
+5
NapalmDave
zombiewalkin
detuned
Stained Glass Flames
Sword Of The Heretic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Mattafakka
Sword Of The Heretic

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:40 pm

The band of many genres according to Metal Archives, but I just listened to their myspace for the first time today. Until now, the only stuff from them I had heard was Procreation of the Wicked
http://www.celticfrost.com/

MUNKYDEMON LUV U!
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Male Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 pm

Awesome band. Their first two albums, Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion are both excellent!
Back to top Go down
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:02 am

Celtic Frost were one of the most original bands of the 80's and a group that was unafraid to constantly improve and revise their sound (despite popular trends). Why they don't get more credit is beyond me.

Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion & Into The Pandemonium are all essential albums.

Their "comeback" album Monotheist is one of the darkest albums I've ever heard...but also contains some real beauty mixed in with all the doom.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Quote :
Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion & Into The Pandemonium are all essential albums.

Agreed!

Quote :
Monotheist is one of the darkest albums I've ever heard...but also contains some real beauty mixed in with all the doom.

Yep! I saw them on this tour and the whole show was very dark.

I can spin Morbid Tales over and over and over and never get tired of it. It's like the first Black Sabbath album....it is just perfect from beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
NapalmDave
Mattafakka
NapalmDave

Male Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:28 am

Not a bad band, but a bit overrated
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Registration date : 2009-10-05

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Great band and the first couple of albums are favorites of mine. Sadly they have had a couple of shockers too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doommantia.com/
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm

ed wrote:
Great band and the first couple of albums are favorites of mine. Sadly they have had a couple of shockers too.

Haha, like Cold Lake?? Celtic Frost Embarass
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Doom
Hatchling Noob
Prophet of Doom

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 am

Watch it. Cold Lake is a Classic Celtic Frost Icon_evil Celtic Frost Tongue Seriously though, probably the ONLY Celtic Frost album where most fans can heartily say "What the HELL were they thinking?" I love it though...but it doesn't hold a candle to Morbid Tales, Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion or even Vanity/Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Prophet of Doom wrote:
Watch it. Cold Lake is a Classic Celtic Frost Icon_evil Celtic Frost Tongue Seriously though, probably the ONLY Celtic Frost album where most fans can heartily say "What the HELL were they thinking?" I love it though...but it doesn't hold a candle to Morbid Tales, Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion or even Vanity/Nemesis.

Yeah, even the band members themselves say "What the HELL were we thinking?!?!" in regards to Cold Lake. Celtic Frost Laugh

For me, it's really the first two that are essential. So much extreme metal would probably not exist if it weren't for those albums.
Back to top Go down
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:30 pm

I think the Triptykon – "Eparistera Daimones" album is better than the first two Celtic Frost albums even though i love those records too. As far as Cold Lake is concerned, i would rather forget about it. I remember seeing the video and just about died laughing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:56 am

In all my years as a Metal fan, I have never listened to Celtic Frost... Celtic Frost Icon_neutral

I think I'll remedy that this weekend...should I seek out the debut?
Back to top Go down
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:01 pm

The first album would be a decent place to start even though i think To Mega Therion is better.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Shawn Eat Snake wrote:
In all my years as a Metal fan, I have never listened to Celtic Frost...  Celtic Frost Icon_neutral

I think I'll remedy that this weekend...should I seek out the debut?

I definitely recommend the debut, Morbid Tales...still my fave after all this time  WAY UP! 
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

Celtic Frost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost   Celtic Frost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celtic Frost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Mines of Moria-
Jump to: