THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firewind - Premonition

Go down 
+5
spectrefate
ghosts of athanasius
TrogDawn
etombdissonance
zombiewalkin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Firewind - Premonition Empty
PostSubject: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Firewind - Premonition Bf27816a1cd1570a2dd9185f412d8608

I downloaded this today and I am totally blown away! I wish I had discovered them earlier!

Very heavy power metal. Kinda reminds me of older Kamelot but just a tad heavier. TONS of melody and some of the most blistering guitar riffs and solos Ive heard all of 2008 so far.

Some may say that their cover is a complete album killer but I disagree. They do a cover of "Maniac".....you know from the movie "Flashdance"? It totally took me by surprise but I find their treatment to be extremely well done and completely ROCKIN!

I totally and highly recommend!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:56 am

I know some will call this wanker metal but I really like it. The cover is kind of funny once or twice but now I skip it. If you like this, check out, Between Heaven and Hell. Much more straight ahead power metal.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:32 pm

etombdissonance wrote:
I know some will call this wanker metal but I really like it.
Hey man, don't let the fact that there are a lot of folks here who dislike that particular style dissuade you or discourage you at all from talking about it here. You might get ribbed a little (or a lot), but I assure you that no one means any harm and no one will seriously trash on you for it because that's just not the way we do things here. Not budging

If they do trash on you for real _for liking/talking about this stuff, they will have to deal with our bouncers:

MUNKYDEMON LUV U! and King of Diamonds and I AM... and AAARGH! and Ghosty and Herpish and LordTsebaoth and moi Troggish.

That being said, I hate powerprognoodlewankermetal. YUCK!

Winky
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:50 pm

I don't worry about it. Hey, I still post at CMR with OCI and TOB and those guys know everything and will tell you why you are wrong. Meh. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Well that is your first mistake... hanging out with tards at the CMR Laughing

Secondly... Wanker Metal?

Why who would ever use such a term? Ghosty Razz

Finally I am reserving judgement because I haven't heard this. I will say that if it is like Dragonforce, Symphony X, etc.. that is just not my bag man. But if you like more power to you. What I like and dislike should only matter to me.... and the same for you. Shred on or whatever
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
spectrefate
Mega-Mattafakka
spectrefate

Male Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:04 pm

But let's be honest with ourselves for a second. Etomb is wrong pretty much everywhere he goes. Cheeky

I heard he went to the store one day for milk and came back with the crabs. Smile

It's just a story I heard.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:10 pm

hahahahahahahahaa

sorry but I can appreciate the artistry of slam wherever it appears!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm

I think etoomb's and spec's rivalry stems from relations they've had outside The Cave... Veddy interrresting

Just remember guys, if ya gotta shit, please take it outside, dig a hole and, after you dropturd, make sure it's buried! Stir it up!
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:33 pm

I also like Silent Force. I often say i'm easy musically when it comes to metal.. I like Doom, Death, Classic, Power, Prog-Metal and some melodic metal.
Dragonforce? Even I have better taste than that.

Quote :
But let's be honest with ourselves for a second. Etomb is wrong pretty much everywhere he goes. Cheeky

I heard he went to the store one day for milk and came back with the crabs. Smile

It's just a story I heard.

Well, if you'd keep your pants on in the store the crabs would be contained.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:09 am

Quote :
Dragonforce? Even I have better taste than that.

Now THAT is wankermetal in the extreme! I soooo detest them.

I have also heard Allegiance and I like that album as well. Looks like I have some Firewind buying to do.
Back to top Go down
Wargod48
Wanker
Wargod48

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:28 am

I have every firewind cd and this is one of their best!

Wargod48

NP: Imagika - Feast For The Hated
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:31 am

There was a time when I could not get enough of this style of Metal...this, Primal Fear, Dream Evil, etc...now I'm just not getting into it.

Gus G. is a massive guitarist, though! Guitar
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:27 am

I've done that too Shawn. Now i'm down to a few quality groups and concentrate on other styles.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:49 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There was a time when I could not get enough of this style of Metal...this, Primal Fear, Dream Evil, etc...now I'm just not getting into it.

Gus G. is a massive guitarist, though! Guitar

Yeah this kind of metal is hit and miss with me sometimes but when I find something that really hits it hits hard! The two Firewind albums did that to me. And yes Gus is most massive!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Wanker
MetalH

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:16 pm

I still have yet to get this. I really want it, but I don't have the $$

There are a lot of tards at the CMR, but a few good'ns too!! WAY UP!
Back to top Go down
exo
Wanker
exo

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:17 am

am I a 'tard or a good'n? I dunno I dunno I dunno

Oh...wait......I'm one of the Friggin' Morons!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firewind - Premonition   Firewind - Premonition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firewind - Premonition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Mines of Moria-
Jump to: