THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is it about Doom Metal...

Go down 
+5
ghosts of athanasius
spectrefate
TrogDawn
IronGuardian
Shawn Eat Snake
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

What is it about Doom Metal... Empty
PostSubject: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:03 am

...that gets your blood pumping?? What gets under your skin and into your soul about it??

For me, its all about the vibe. Not that its "dark" or "evil" sounding. It's just pure & real feeling to me. The chord progressions, the varying sub-genres, the overall presentation of Doom Metal really just pushes all my buttons, musically.

The first Doom Metal song I ever heard (aside from proto-Doom ala Sabbath) was "The Wish" by TROUBLE. This was in 1988 on Z-Rock AM radio in Florida. Z-Rock was an all Metal radio station. Anyway, I had never heard anything like this in my life!! It was so creepy, so desperate sounding & so sincere feeling!! I immediately went & bought whatever TROUBLE cassette I could get my hands on, which was Run To The Light. Obviously, "The Wish" wasn't on this album, but the album itself hit me like a...well, not so much hit me, but it overtook me like a slow, inescapable river of molten emotion!! I played that album, literally, to death (remember how old cassettes would squeak when you played them too many times?). I played it for 4 years until I bought it on CD, swishes, squeaks and all. In that time, I also picked up Psalm 9 & The Skull (YES! I finally had "The Wish"!!). Then a buddy turned me on to CANDLEMASS, then I discovered SOLITUDE AETURNUS in the early 90s, etc.

I love the slow tempos, I love the low tunings, I love the sinister & desperately sad sounding melodies, I love the "screw it" attitude in the image & overall attitudes of the bands...they do this because they love it. There are probably more broke musicians playing Doom than any other Metal genre because Doom has never, ever been about money...Doom is all about art & expression!!

So, DOOM ON my bruthas & sistahs!!! Grim Reaper We are few, but we are REAL!!
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:06 am

Dun dun dun, Dun dun dun, Dah dah dah, Doo doo doo, Dun dun dun, Dun dun dun

For me, its all bout slow, insanely low tunings, and HEAVY AS HELL!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 am

IronGuardian wrote:

What band got you into it?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:11 pm

Why I Love Doom...

(or: How I Spend My Psychiatric Vacations)

by Trog L. Dawnington

For me, Sabbath has always been the beginning and the end of DOOM (a generic term I use to encompass the overall vibe of proto-metal, doom-metal and stoner rock). It was their sound, vibe and lyrics that first turned me on like nothing else before or since. When I heard the infectious simplicity of Tony's riffs played with Ozzy wailing lyrics like: Now in darkness, world stops turning/Ashes where the bodies burning/No more war pigs have the power/Hand of God has struck the hour/Day of Judgment, God is calling/On their knees the war pigs crawling/Begging mercies for their sins/Satan laughing spreads his wings/Oh Lord, yeah! I was hooked...instantly. The lyrical imagery and references to God only further intrigued me and were the primary draw for me, not their supposed "satanic" gimmick. I had never heard God referenced in music before! It went right along with my Catholic upbringing at the time and just made sense to me somewhere inside.

Since then, I have always looked to repeat that initial experience and sound via other bands playing in a similar style (Trouble, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Place of Skulls, The Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, The Hidden Hand, Rose, Goliath, Last Chapter, etc). Not only does this music have a sound and a vibe all its own, but the lyrics also deal with topics that are very real in a poetic fashion without pretense or euphemism. That I appreicate very much, especially after the glut of hair metal in the 80's which could seemingly sing about little else than their groins and subsequent conquests of the female of the species. Sabbath and most doom bands don't approach sex with such a casual air, but rather sing about how much they suffer from the reality of love gone wrong, loss and the stark reality of life - turning ugliness into something beautiful and manageable in the process (not unlike the bluesmen of old).

In a nutshell, I love doom because it speaks to me, inspires my own creativity, takes me on subtle and sublime journeys, gives me a place to exist and a comfortable medium to employ when I return home to document my travels. Troggish

Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
spectrefate
Mega-Mattafakka
spectrefate

Male Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:26 pm

I love the down tuned guitar sound. So dark, warm, enveloping. (if it's done right) It's also relaxing at the same time, if that makes sense.

For the love of Pete, will you please check out Runemagick???!!! Smile

http://www.runemagick.se/site/index.php?section=downloads%20-%20mp3

Oh yeah, first post.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I love the down tuned guitar sound. So dark, warm, enveloping. (if it's done right) It's also relaxing at the same time, if that makes sense.

Oh yeah, first post.

YES!!! Spec is in da CAYVE!!!! Yay!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's about time! He only signed up TWO MONTHS AGO. Rolling Eyes

Glad you're here, fathermocker! GEEN!

spectrefate wrote:

Yeah, I'll download them right now, but I won't listen to them until June. Razz

Oh and to both spec and trogshawn, I will be dropping your TD CD orders in the mail after work TODAY. Doom-Metal

Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:34 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's about time! He only signed up TWO MONTHS AGO. Rolling Eyes

Glad you're here, fathermocker! GEEN!

Oh and to both spec and trogshawn, I will be dropping your TD CD orders in the mail after work TODAY. Doom-Metal

I think I just peed a little... Shocked

Goofball I GAWTS TRAWG KUMMIN IN DA MAILZ!!!!
Back to top Go down
spectrefate
Mega-Mattafakka
spectrefate

Male Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:35 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:41 pm

spectrefate wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Sweet!

Schweet!!

What is it about Doom Metal... Cartman_ch
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think I just peed a little... Shocked
Go ahead, let loose! Just make sure you're outside the Cave so you don't disturb our natural musk. Nasty!

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Goofball I GAWTS TRAWG KUMMIN IN DA MAILZ!!!!
Oh no, I won't be kummin in your mail...unless you BEG me to. Evile

spectrefate wrote:
Sweet!
Thanks again for both of you guys' orders - and I'm sorry it took a little extra time. But it's the DOOM way, don't ya know? I'm so old...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

What is it about Doom Metal... Cartman_ch
Would anyone else LOVE to hear Cartman sing "War Pigs"? Goofball
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:47 pm

What is it about Doom Metal... Cartman

"GENRALLS GATHEEED IN THEEEY MASSESSSSSSSSSS!!!"
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Grim Reaper Doom-Metal Grim Reaper
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:04 pm

My poor thread has been severely derailed... Friggin' Morons!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Nah, just momentarily doomed Pshaw! - not off topic at all, really! Goofball
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:19 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Nah, just momentarily doomed Pshaw! - not off topic at all, really! Goofball

Dee deedee Crazy Monkey concurs.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dee deedee Crazy Monkey concurs.
What is it about Doom Metal... 8-31and Monkey Demon spreads the love.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 pm

What is it about Doom Metal... Bt-after

MONKEY DEMON!!!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:12 pm

He does get around. Chaotic!
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
IronGuardian wrote:

What band got you into it?

I was hoping youd be able to tell from my written interpretation of that riff :p

Paramaecium. I enjoyed TD and Sabbath, but was never really into it as anything other than smething to relax too... then I got a copy of Exhumed of the Earth Evile & OOF!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:11 am

TrogDawn wrote:
The deed is done. Lemme know when you get them! Troggish
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:04 am

For me what drew me in was pre-doom. I like the groove and look at deeper themes. CCR's Green River, Cream, The Stones' Paint It Black, Pink Floyd, alll these laid the foundation for me. Even Steve Taylor's Sin for a Season arguably could be a GREAT doom song. So when I read about Trouble in the Illinois Noise issue of Heaven's Metal I had to check them out. I went to the record store and scored The Skull and Psalm 9 on Vinyl. I remember physically shuddering upon first listen but was I hooked! And then that BRILLIANT cover of Tales of Brave Ulysses... Oh man!

Of course I then scooped Run TO The Light and I was a Trouble fanatic by the 1990 S/T. From there it was just a matter of branching out to other bands that caught my fancy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 am

TrogDawn wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
The deed is done. Lemme know when you get them! Troggish

Goofball Skippy I'M NOT WORTHY! Dance, nanner! Fill Tilt Boogie! LordTsebaoth
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:54 am

IronGuardian - Yeah, I remember getting my CD of 'Exhumed...' in the mail. It was the slowest, heaviest thing I had ever heard in my life at the time. Shortly after, a buddy let me hear My Dying Bride and it all began to gain perspective. Both Paramaecium & MDB are with me to this day when I'm in the mood for the Doom Death stuff...great bands!

ghosts - Great story! I remember hearing "Green River" & "Paint It Black" growing up alongside "Paranoid" on Rock radio in Richmond VA. I also remember reading about Trouble in Heaven's Metal. I would have loved to get those albums on vinyl back in the day...I was a cassette man.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 am

ghosts of athanasius wrote:
So when I read about Trouble in the Illinois Noise issue of Heaven's Metal I had to check them out. I went to the record store and scored The Skull and Psalm 9 on Vinyl.
Do you still have those vinyl copies, ghosts? Huh?
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:43 am

Shawn, have you heard any My Silent Wake?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 am

IronGuardian wrote:
Shawn, have you heard any My Silent Wake?

Yes...and I like them... UWEB?

Seventh Angel's second album was very Doomy as well...much moreso than the first one...
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:48 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
So when I read about Trouble in the Illinois Noise issue of Heaven's Metal I had to check them out. I went to the record store and scored The Skull and Psalm 9 on Vinyl.

sadly no! Grumpy
Inconsequential as I don't have a turntable anyhoo but still... they were friggin awesome on the ol headphones
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

sadly no! Grumpy
Inconsequential as I don't have a turntable anyhoo but still... they were friggin awesome on the ol headphones

I can imagine...not to mention the gigantic artwork...UWEB?
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Oh that was the best part for sure. I know friends who had the s/t and Skull on cassette and missed all kinds of details in the artwork haha. Same with King's X Gretchen Goes to Nebraska... I had no idea the band's faces were in the trees until I got the disc LOL
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Oh that was the best part for sure. I know friends who had the s/t and Skull on cassette and missed all kinds of details in the artwork haha. Same with King's X Gretchen Goes to Nebraska... I had no idea the band's faces were in the trees until I got the disc LOL

I remember that... GEEN!
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:34 pm

Doom touches my soul. I'm a bit of a depressive personality and the slow chug chug brings me light. If I was going to cry to music it would be to My Silent Wake's first album. That crushing, haunting sound with a little mix of death breathes fire in me.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:37 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

sadly no! Grumpy
Bummer. I would have gladly taken them off your hands! GEEN!

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I remember that... GEEN!
I didn't know that! Huh? *runs off to check his copy*

etombdissonance wrote:
Doom touches my soul. I'm a bit of a depressive personality and the slow chug chug brings me light. If I was going to cry to music it would be to My Silent Wake's first album. That crushing, haunting sound with a little mix of death breathes fire in me.
Yay! &Bouncy etomb's back! Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:09 am

E-TOMB!!!!!!! Goofball
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:36 am

Good to see you E-tomb.... that dood's the cat's ass lol
Seriously great to see that strange avatar once again

I have a box of vinyl left, including a rarely played copy of Emerald (which recently sold for like $180 on Ebay) I would love to Ebay some of it off (need $$$) but I have no idea about the condition as it applies to vinyl nuts... I pray to God they aren't warped. Last time they saw a turntable would have been around 1992
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:56 am

Hey man, post what you have and maybe I'll help you get rid of some of them. GIMMEGIMME!
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks guys. Avatar courtesy of Trog I guess.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 pm

You can change it any time if you don't like it, mang. Big Smile

I always provide one for those who don't provide their own...it's the Cave way. Troggish

It's all right here in Subsection B of Rule #3 of the Cave Manifesto:

Quote :
3. No posting of sexually explicit images, pornography or images that cross all lines of reason and good taste (i.e. tubgirl, meatspin, goatse and 2 girls, 1 cup come to mind...if you've never seen them, trust me, you don't want to). Please refrain from links to said images as well. Violation of this rule is against niceboard.com policy and will result in immediate banning. Again, mods will decide what crosses the line. Shocked

Shame on you *WARNING* Shame on you

While we here at The Cave do not condone the posting of the above mentioned images, we do believe that images in general tend to spruce up the place, so post away using either http://photobucket.com/ or http://imageshack.us/ as your free online hosting sites. Don't Panic!

That being said, if you do not supply a personal avatar, one will be supplied for you that may or may not represent the best aspects of your online personality or interests. We heartily suggest you choose your own and upload it to your profile. Evile
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:30 am

So you think of me as a smiling catbutt? Hmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:39 pm

etombdissonance wrote:
So you think of me as a smiling catbutt? Hmmmmmm.
Nope, not at all. A happy 'no' That was just the strangest looking pic I happened to have in my folder at the time. So strange, that I figured it would prompt you to change it immediately! Laughing
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:59 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Hey man, post what you have and maybe I'll help you get rid of some of them. GIMMEGIMME!

Yeah, I'll take that Emerald of you hands for you Winky

My vinyl collection is getting lonely, as I haven't got ny new firends for them to play with lately.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 am

Yes but I need $$$ hahaha

I know, without digging that box out, I have California Metal, Emerald, Malachia-Red Sunrise, Barren Cross- Atomic Arena, maybe Rock for The King too, A bunch of Stryper including a limited edition picture disc of YABA as well as the blue Vinyl re-release. I think a picture disc of THWTHD. I have a bunch of Rez, some Keith Green... wow it has been like 16 years since I even looked in that box LOL
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:50 am

I could trade you some modern releases for some of them if you'd like? Save you having to buy the Grave Forsaken album?

I still haven't been able to find a copy of California Metal, not even on cassette.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:18 am

Had I the spare cash, and if I got the inkling to begin collecting anything, I would collect vinyl. Not necessarily to play, but to have. There are a couple of used vinyl shops around here I would love to pillage.
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Vinyl is perfect for collecting, due to the size of the artwork.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:06 am

I've been totally spazzed on vinyl lately, just like I used to be when I was young. It rules. So much more fun to hold and look at than cd's. GIMMEGIMME!

I scored this beauty today:

What is it about Doom Metal... B000JBXI36.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37825776_-765981
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:15 am

TrogDawn wrote:
I've been totally spazzed on vinyl lately, just like I used to be when I was young. It rules. So much more fun to hold and look at than cd's. GIMMEGIMME!

I scored this beauty today:

What is it about Doom Metal... B000JBXI36.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37825776_-765981

Sweet! Is that a live boot, or somethin?
Back to top Go down
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 am

Looks like a live boot
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 am

I wonder how it sounds?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is it about Doom Metal...   What is it about Doom Metal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is it about Doom Metal...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next