THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Recent Acquisitions 2008

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2241
Age : 45
Location : Montana
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Well done Jeffy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
detuned
Mattafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 247
Age : 46
Location : Austin, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Jeffdls wrote:
Place of Skulls - Nailed

Question: I love their music (and I own With Vision)...but I've been a little nervous about how overtly religious the other albums are. I don't have a problem with spiritual lyrics as long as they aren't the "beat you over the head with it" variety.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:18 pm

detuned wrote:
Jeffdls wrote:
Place of Skulls - Nailed

Question: I love their music (and I own With Vision)...but I've been a little nervous about how overtly religious the other albums are. I don't have a problem with spiritual lyrics as long as they aren't the "beat you over the head with it" variety.

Thanks.

Well, here are the lyrics to Prisoner's Creed from The Black is Never Far:

There's a man in need
His past has found itself
There's a man who sees
What it's like for no one else

Brother from the gutter
The wheels came off your ride
Grace don't see no losers
Compassion I feel for your strife

Though I don't share your cage
Nor the grief of your life
I offer you this prayer
The peace that you will find inside
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Picked up these from Open Grave Shop

Triton Enigma - Black Lies (Metallic Kitty has some sick vocals . . . and she's hot Drooling... )
Faith - Salvation Lies Within
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
detuned
Mattafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 247
Age : 46
Location : Austin, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Jeffdls wrote:
detuned wrote:
Jeffdls wrote:
Place of Skulls - Nailed

Question: I love their music (and I own With Vision)...but I've been a little nervous about how overtly religious the other albums are. I don't have a problem with spiritual lyrics as long as they aren't the "beat you over the head with it" variety.

Thanks.

Well, here are the lyrics to Prisoner's Creed from The Black is Never Far:

There's a man in need
His past has found itself
There's a man who sees
What it's like for no one else

Brother from the gutter
The wheels came off your ride
Grace don't see no losers
Compassion I feel for your strife

Though I don't share your cage
Nor the grief of your life
I offer you this prayer
The peace that you will find inside

Okay, that's cool, thanks for the example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2241
Age : 45
Location : Montana
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:21 pm

I wouldn't think anything on NAILED would be stomach turning. Not Victor's style
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
detuned
Mattafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 247
Age : 46
Location : Austin, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Hopefully my question didn't offend anyone...I've had some REALLY bad experiences with religion in my life (mostly from childhood) and anything that gets overly preachy in a specific sense really bothers me.

I don't have a problem with spiritual lyrics (King's X is one of my favorite bands), as long as their not too specifically "organized religion" in nature.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenchie
Wanker
avatar

Male Number of posts : 63
Age : 43
Location : Toulouse, south-western France
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:48 am

S.U.P.-Hegemony the most original french band with their 6th album. Still a very clever and well done mix between Melodic Death Metal (in the 90's style, not the watered down Metalcore shit you can hear nowadays), Doom and 80's Cold Wave. Think Joy Division meets mid-period Anathema. And as usual, it's a concept album about a very intelligent SF story.

The Bottle Doom Lazy Band/The Dead Is Tired When The Morning Comes split CD. Monstruously gargantuan french DOOM METAL. We may not have a lot of bands, but there are all excellent. Mix between Reverend Bizarre and Electric Wizard for the lazy boys and between The Funeral Orchestra and Saint Vitus for the Dead ones. You MUST check those 2 bands, they're maybe the best discovery in the genre you can find in 2008.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crypticmadness.com
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 am

detuned wrote:
Hopefully my question didn't offend anyone...I've had some REALLY bad experiences with religion in my life (mostly from childhood) and anything that gets overly preachy in a specific sense really bothers me.

I don't have a problem with spiritual lyrics (King's X is one of my favorite bands), as long as their not too specifically "organized religion" in nature.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Totally understandable. From what I've seen and listened to, none of Victor's stuff is that way.

Now, that guy from Troglodyte Dawn is all Holier Than Thou

ROLF!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
crucifixion12
Hatchling Noob
avatar

Male Number of posts : 23
Age : 36
Location : Realms of Fire and Ice
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Night In Gales - Towards The Twighlight
Divine Souls - Embodiment
Cadaveria - Far Away From Conformity
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Red Harvest - Sick Transit Gloria Mundi
Fear My Thoughts - Isolation
Myrkskog - Superior Massacre
Enforsaken - The Forever Endeavor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Pre-ordered the following from Divine Metal Distro

My Silent Wake - Garland of Tears
Deliverance - S/T (re-released)
Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare (re-released)
Faith Factor - Against a Darkened Sky
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Revelations Vol. 1: A Light in a Dark Place

Compilation from Sullen Records with bands like Frost Like Ashes, Elgibbor, Northern Ash, Blood Drift, Deborah, Azmaveth, Synnove & Winter's Dawn. Some good black metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 478
Age : 40
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 pm

detuned wrote:
Hopefully my question didn't offend anyone...I've had some REALLY bad experiences with religion in my life (mostly from childhood) and anything that gets overly preachy in a specific sense really bothers me.

I don't have a problem with spiritual lyrics (King's X is one of my favorite bands), as long as their not too specifically "organized religion" in nature.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Totally makes sense, and not offensive at all. I think most people don't really want to be excessively "preached at," or feel like a message is being shoved down their throat. I think PoS lyrics are written from a very personal perspective, more like sharing experiences (both good and bad) rather than lecturing in any way. BTW, if you like Nailed and With Vision, I'd highly recommend picking up The Black is Never Far. Ridiculously good, doomy goodness with tons of soul and painfully honest lyrics. My favorite album by them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
detuned
Mattafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 247
Age : 46
Location : Austin, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:49 pm

I'm digging Nailed, some of the lyrics are a little too much for my liking...but not bad enough to turn me off. The music is insanely good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 478
Age : 40
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:19 pm

Got sort of a "mini-haul" in the used section today:

KYUSS - Blues for the Red Sun (after hearing great things about these guys for years now, I figured it was time to take the plunge and give 'em a chance... not disappointed at all!!!!)
SOUNDGARDEN - Louder Than Love
AC/DC - Live
Back to top Go down
View user profile
detuned
Mattafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 247
Age : 46
Location : Austin, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Stained Glass Flames wrote:
Got sort of a "mini-haul" in the used section today:

KYUSS - Blues for the Red Sun (after hearing great things about these guys for years now, I figured it was time to take the plunge and give 'em a chance... not disappointed at all!!!!)

Wow! Wait till you hear "Welcome To Sky Valley"!!!! In my top 5 records of the 1990's.

Yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Torn Flest - Love Kills
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Sombrant
Trogling
avatar

Male Number of posts : 554
Age : 47
Location : St. Louis
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:39 am

David Gilmour - Live In Gdańsk (Deluxe Version)
Ryan Adams - Cardinology
Starflyer 59 - Dial M

_________________

"I've got your beef right here..."

http://www.sombrance.com
http://www.ishurninku.com
http://www.rickmester.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rickmester.com
detuned
Mattafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 247
Age : 46
Location : Austin, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

In the past couple days:

Dead Man - Dead Man
Baroness - The Red Album
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:19 pm

David Benson - Holy Psychotherapy
Eternal Decision - III
Global Warning - Digital Black
Tribute to Living Sacrifice
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 478
Age : 40
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

detuned wrote:
Wow! Wait till you hear "Welcome To Sky Valley"!!!! In my top 5 records of the 1990's.

Yay!

Nice... I look forward to checking it out. Blues for the Red Sun is friggin' awesome; I'm hooked for sure!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
avatar

Male Number of posts : 478
Age : 40
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Frenchie wrote:
The Bottle Doom Lazy Band/The Dead Is Tired When The Morning Comes split CD. Monstruously gargantuan french DOOM METAL. We may not have a lot of bands, but there are all excellent. Mix between Reverend Bizarre and Electric Wizard for the lazy boys and between The Funeral Orchestra and Saint Vitus for the Dead ones. You MUST check those 2 bands, they're maybe the best discovery in the genre you can find in 2008.

Wow, dood, both of those bands sound awesome! Any U.S. distribution?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sombrant
Trogling
avatar

Male Number of posts : 554
Age : 47
Location : St. Louis
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:28 am

The Cure - 4:13 Dream

_________________

"I've got your beef right here..."

http://www.sombrance.com
http://www.ishurninku.com
http://www.rickmester.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rickmester.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
avatar

Male Number of posts : 6445
Age : 49
Location : Underground
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 am

I have bought SO MUCH shit in the last four months that I can't even remember it all, let alone post it! F.U.B.A.R.

_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
 Calvin - "It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records is a label specializing in doom/stoner,
heavy rock, classic metal, ambient, experimental and reissues of lost underground classics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1791
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:20 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
I have bought SO MUCH shit in the last four months that I can't even remember it all, let alone post it! F.U.B.A.R.

In that case, take a picture and post it Big Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Recent Acquisitions 2008   

Back to top Go down
 
Recent Acquisitions 2008
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Bible Verse of the Day 2008
» Youtube video of a recent gig
» Stevie Wonder DVD Live at the AEG Arena London 2008
» Killamanjaro Live In Canada Bootleg (2008)
» Aba Shanti & Cultural Warriors: Bristol. 25th April 2008

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Playlists & Acquisitions-
Jump to: