THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:00 am

I'm downloading all of what I consider to be "the hits" from these two and making long overdue comps! Big Smile

I'd buy the ones that get put out by the record companies, but they are ALWAYS incomplete! :x
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 7:31 pm

I'm a HUUUUGE Springsteen fan. Was raised on him, as he's my dad's favorite. From the time I was a kid, my dad would explain to me what the lyrics were about, and even taught me to sing Bruce's songs while my dad played them on his guitar.

My favorite album is Darkness on the Edge of Town, and the live '75-'85 compilation.

The cool thing about Bruce is that all the variations on his songs are so good. Take "Thunder Road" for example... the original version is a loud, fast, rocking full band track...but my favorite version is the live version that's just piano and vocals.

Bruce rocks!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 pm

Cool. I'll post the tracklists as soon as I make the collections. Winky
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Love Springsteen!

Born in the U.S.A. is an all time fave. I love his music PERIOD though. Great songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Huh. Generally "Born in the USA" is considered to be his weakest effort, mainly because it was so much more pop than the rest of his stuff. I personally love that album, because I have some wonderful memories tied to it. But his 70's stuff is the best.

One cool thing about Springsteen, though, is that his new material is absolutely awesome. "Murder Incorporated", for example, which came out in the late 90's, and was recorded with the E Street Band, is excellent.

I saw him live in '99, and he rocked!
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 9:40 pm

You know I existed off my older brothers record collections for years. My oldest brother introduced me to Seger, and I got to say his stuff is MUCH better than he gets credit for. Songs like Turn the Page, and Strut still just blow my mind. I have deep sentimental attachment to the Against The Wind album

With Springsteen I am REAL finnicky. But I have to say he knows how to pick musicians. Little Steven and Nils Lofgren are two players I have alot of respect for. With the Boss I tend to like his more brooding/subdued stuff like I'm On Fire, Philadelphia, Dancin In The Dark. When he gets too over the top or too preachy I get turned off. The over the top stuff just isn't my bag from him anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:43 am

Quote :
Generally "Born in the USA" is considered to be his weakest effort

There's no accounting for taste. I love this album for not only the memories but the music. B.I.T.U.S.A. IMO is an incredible record. I personally love it.Big Smile
Back to top Go down
strigoi
Cheweezie the Wookiee Queen
strigoi

Female Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 12:41 am

ghosts of athanasius wrote:
My oldest brother introduced me to Seger, and I got to say his stuff is MUCH better than he gets credit for. Songs like Turn the Page, and Strut still just blow my mind. I have deep sentimental attachment to the Against The Wind album
I agree wholeheartedly.
I have an aunt that used to go completely gaga over Bob Seger. GEEN! Laughing

I like Seger much better than Springsteen. He just never did anything for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen   Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Seger & Bruce Springsteen
Page 1 of 1