THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...

Go down 
+2
zombiewalkin
TrogDawn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:03 pm

Quote :
Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow dies

It’s been confirmed that Kevin DuBrow, lead singer and founding member of Quiet Riot, has died, aged 52. His body was found by friends yesterday. The news broke this morning in a post on The Vegas Eye by Michael Politz, who counted DuBrow as “one of my closest friends”.

Confirmation of DuBrow’s passing has come from Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali in an email sent to The Metal Circus in Spain, and from bassist Kelly Garni on the Randy Rhoads tribute site www.randyrhoads.tk. In his post Garni asks for everyone to resist commenting or speculating on DuBrow’s death until concrete information is given.

At this time it is not known how DuBrow died. He recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans, attending The Cult’s show at the House of Blues.

No official statement has come from the band or their label.

Sad news indeed. No metalhead kid who grew up in the 80's can say they are completely unaffected by this. Crying

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... M_c7294d91459c639edcc001d08f86cebb

I spun Metal Health and Quiet Riot II _today in his honor. Ed-banger!

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... 200px-MetalHealthQuietRiot R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Alb16234

My personal favorite memory of Kevin is one time when he and the QR guys were guest VJ-ing on MTV and Kevin introduced the upcoming video (by Bananarama) as "here's my favorite song by RAMABANANA!" Laughing

And yeah, Kevin and Randy can jam again, and he can also hang with his favorite singer (and another massive loss to the rock world) Steve Marriott. You wanna hear where Kevin learned the ropes that got him his chops? Give HUMBLE PIE and their powerhouse lead vocalist a good listen. cool beans!

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... 31895972

R.I.P. Kevin, Randy and Steve. Crying
R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Kevindubrow R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... IMG_1 R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... 4446556-sm
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:50 am

He'll be missed for sure. Anyone who has hung out with Randy Rhoads has GOT to be good.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:36 am

Yeah I was pretty shocked to hear of his passing.....I spun Metal Health the day after in his honor. Such memories that album brings!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:26 pm

DRUGS SUCK!!!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:49 pm

But legal drugs RULE because R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Thdrugsjb4

Troggish

Hey ult, does that mean you heard more about the cause of his death? Huh?
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:23 am

yeah officially an accidental cocaine overdose Crying
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Grumpy
Back to top Go down
strigoi
Cheweezie the Wookiee Queen
strigoi

Female Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:59 am

One of the first albums I ever bought was 'Metal Health'. Frown
Back to top Go down
metalken
Wanker
metalken

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:39 pm

Tragic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...   R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Mines of Moria-
Jump to: