THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think of Tribute Bands?

Go down 
+2
Acid
TrogDawn
6 posters

If done well, they are a COOL way for fans to get a taste of a band they can no longer see live.
What do you think of Tribute Bands? Vote_l1050%What do you think of Tribute Bands? Vote_r10
 50% [ 3 ]
They are a LAME waste of time for unimaginitive hacks who can't make their own music.
What do you think of Tribute Bands? Vote_l1033%What do you think of Tribute Bands? Vote_r10
 33% [ 2 ]
Other (please explain)
What do you think of Tribute Bands? Vote_l1017%What do you think of Tribute Bands? Vote_r10
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

What do you think of Tribute Bands? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:30 am

What do you think of them?

Ed-banger! or Lame... or I dunno?
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Acid
Wanker
Acid

Female Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 pm

I had to chose the 2nd one, although I wouldn't put it exactly in those terms. But yeah, the whole concept always seemed to me quite pointless... in the perspective of someone who listens to music, because I'd totally get the idea of some guys getting together to play the songs of the band they love. But I wouldn't buy it or pay to see them live.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:18 pm

lame... sorry my band moved out of covers VERY quickly... The crowd would get pissy when we didn't play em but hey have the dj put on a cd if that is what you want
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 pm

I'm in the first group ... which, as I see, is not a "group" yet ...
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Is two a group,one of my greatest concert expierences was when Solitude donned bell bottoms and played as Hand Of Doom,it was............awesome ! Also tribute cds can be cool if the bands are right for the material,IMO,many of the bands that have done Maiden covers are particularly cool,IG may want to put me on the rack for saying it, but though the original is great,New Eden really killed on Phantom Of The Opera,uh oh,is that Eddie I see in the distance ?!!!
Back to top Go down
bigjtink
Mattafakka
bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:20 pm

I think I would like tribute bands but the ones I have seen all sucked. Badly. Although Im told there is a killer Pink Floyd TB going.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:42 pm

The only really great tribute band I have ever seen was called Physical Graffiti and they were a near perfect tribute to Zeppelin both in the audio and visual departments - and this was many years ago when tribute bands were still an oddity, not the norm. They even played "Achilles' Last Stand" upon my request when I saw them in a bar! I was quite impressed.

Otherwise, I see most tribute bands as a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:42 pm

Tribute bands are as close to the real thing

as transvesites are to being actual women...

And for the record I would not care to spend an evening with either a tribute band or a transvestite
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Tribute Bands?   What do you think of Tribute Bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1