THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....

Go down 
+2
TrogDawn
dOOm&gLOOm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Empty
PostSubject: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:15 pm

.....claims that THIS BAND invented hard rock?

Apparently Iron Butterfly, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Uriah Heep ALL single handedly invented hard rock. Big Smile
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:17 pm

....and apparently Nirvana uninvented it.... Hagglin'
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:20 pm

....and apparently Metallica, Motorhead, Slayer, Anvil, and Venom ALL
single handedly invented this "trash" metal that I keep hearing about! Goofball

... I could go on. Stop me when I get too annoying ... but don't be
surprised if I respond with the following emoticon when you do: Sad
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:25 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
.....claims that THIS BAND invented hard rock?

Apparently Iron Butterfly, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Uriah Heep ALL single handedly invented hard rock. Big Smile
It's a time/space continuum thing, you wouldn't understand... Ambient & NOTW
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:32 pm

Nonsense!

I am currently unlocking new realms within my mind by listening to Iron Butterfly and Atomic Rooster! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

You'd be surprised at the things you can understand while in the grips
of full-on directionless musical wandering, late-60s style!!! Cavetrog
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:35 pm

What's the problem then? Huh?
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:36 pm

I am getting dangerously close to overdosing! Sleep

Maybe some dirty stanky old Skynyrd will even me out ...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:39 pm

Or maybe some Kyna...if I ever get around to mailing it to you... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Knock yerself out kid! 8)
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:59 pm

IMO,It starts with Hendrix,Cream, and then the Marshall stacking punch holes in the very air itself approach of Blue Cheer.Ever heard the original longer version of "Summertime Blues"(68), and of course "In a Gadda Da Vida",to me that was the turning point,then the birth of hard rock/ metal and doom with Sabbath,Uriah Heep, and Purple.
Back to top Go down
Teargas71
Wanker
Teargas71

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:52 am

I've thought about this issue way, way too much and I've concluded that it's a continum; with many bands contributing different aspects and no clearly definable "first".
I think of Jim Morrison's image, The Kinks riffs, the creativity of Hendrix, and the sheer volume of Blue Cheer all as valid contributions. And I've just re-discovered Johnny Kidd and The Pirates 1962-66, and realized that they played a part too. So I think anybody who takes credit for the whole phenomenon is lying. It's actually still evolving to this day.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:37 am

Teargas71 wrote:
I've thought about this issue way, way too much and
I've concluded that it's a continum; with many bands contributing
different aspects and no clearly definable "first".
I think of Jim
Morrison's image, The Kinks riffs, the creativity of Hendrix, and the
sheer volume of Blue Cheer all as valid contributions. And I've just
re-discovered Johnny Kidd and The Pirates 1962-66, and realized that
they played a part too. So I think anybody who takes credit for the
whole phenomenon is lying. It's actually still evolving to this
day.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ... so what you're saying is ... Huh?

Hard rock has not yet been invented and it is the way of the future! Cool! No wonder I'm so confused. Sigh

Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
Teargas71 wrote:
I've thought about this issue way, way too much and I've concluded that it's a continuum; with many bands contributing different aspects and no clearly definable "first".

I think of Jim Morrison's image, The Kinks riffs, the creativity of Hendrix, and the sheer volume of Blue Cheer all as valid contributions. And I've just re-discovered Johnny Kidd and The Pirates 1962-66, and realized that they played a part too. So I think anybody who takes credit for the whole phenomenon is lying. It's actually still evolving to this day.

Hmmmmmmmmmm ... so what you're saying is ... Huh?

Hard rock has not yet been invented and it is the way of the future! Cool! No wonder I'm so confused. Sigh

Big Smile
I *told* you it was a time/space continuum thing, but you just hadda argue with me! Rolling Eyes

Razz

Oh, and PM ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AT SCHOOL BECAUSE THE PILE OF MUSIC I HAVE FOR YOU ISN'T GETTING ANY SMALLER!!!Furious

Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teargas71
Wanker
Teargas71

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Well, yeah. There are several Italian symphonic prog bands from around 1970 (Alphataurus, Balleto Il Bronzo, etc.) that use operetic vocals and heavy riffs. It's more like some of the newer symphonic stuff than any of the hard rock from that era ever was. If the current batch of symphonic bands had ever heard them, I'm sure they would have been an influence, but I doubt they ever actually did. The only possible explaination has to involve quantum mechanics.
Back to top Go down
screaming7s
Mattafakka
screaming7s

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 pm

We ALL know Heavy Metal was invented by Liberace! Now stop argueing!!!
Back to top Go down
ed
Mattafakka
ed

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Why is it every hard rock band from 67 onwards claims to be the first band to called Heavy Metal ? The most annoying one is Alice Cooper who claims he was the first after a comment in a Rolling Stone Article in 72. The earliest one i am aware of is a story about Jimi Hendrix in a british magazine in 68 who said Jimi's guitar sounds like Heavy Metal falling from the sky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doommantia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....   How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How come the cover of every hard rock album circa 68-72.....
Page 1 of 1