THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eloi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 5:38 am

Anyone know of these guys. Retroactive Records released a so called classic that is apparently for fans of Metallica and Megadeth (which I am). Any truth to that claim?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm

Never heard of them. There was a prog (I believe) group in the 70's or 80's by the name of ELOY, but I don't think it's the same band.
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:23 pm

saw it at cdbaby
Back to top Go down
Child In
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 am

I have both cd's; "Degrees of Freedom" and "Mold" I like them a lot, there's some Metallica influence to thier sound, but by no means a clone.
Back to top Go down
Child In
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:03 am

Found this on the web:

<LI>"ELOI, to say the least, are not your typical bible-toting messengers of God who have been graced with the ability to play guitars. ELOI rock with the intensity of some of the best-known metal alterna/metal acts out there today. This stuff rocks, plain and simple."
"ELOI is a Christian band. The problem with Christian bands is they usually are more intent on pushing their beliefs down the listeners throat than making meaningful music. This Garland quartet, however, is a welcome exception to the rule. Vocalist Seth Poor, guitarist, Bryan Hilliard, bassist Stephen T. Smiley and drummer Jeff Gothard are a tight, talented prog metal band that happens to exude a positive message, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

I would use the term "prog" loosely, I would say more along the lines of grove metal.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 1:48 am

I like ELOI. Twisted Evil Once in awhile i'm in the mood for them. Ed-banger!

The METALLICA and MEGADETH comparison is not correct at all. Evil or Very Mad

ChildIS's statement about them being groove metal/groove core is much closer to the sound. Twisted Evil

Good schtuff. Yay!

💋
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:23 am

Of course, I'm usually right about these things.....unlike Trozzy!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Of course, I'm usually right about these things.....unlike Trozzy!
Ah yes, I see that with the return to the old candy(m)ass name, you are up to your old twatly tricks again as well. oh RLY?

Why the new user account? I could have just changed your name for you, you know... Huh?
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:17 am

I was having trouble logging in, even when I was sent the password, so I started over, plan to do that w/my life in Florida!
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:02 pm

Hey candle, good to hear that. Praying for you. (sorry this thread got hijacked)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:13 pm

Child In Silence wrote:
I have both cd's; "Degrees of Freedom" and "Mold" I like them a lot, there's some Metallica influence to thier sound, but by no means a clone.

We were always getting the metallica reference. Some said due to my voice. I dont know. Im really bad at comparring things. When ever anyone asked what Eloi sounded like, i always said "Chicago." Or just gave them a cd.

In the end, we were compared to metallica, C.O.C., tool, eternal decision, helmet, pantera (never really understood that one) and many more that i cant recall.

strangely, never chicago. *sigh*

-seth
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:15 pm

Child In Silence wrote:
Found this on the web:

<LI>"ELOI, to say the least, are not your typical bible-toting messengers of God who have been graced with the ability to play guitars. ELOI rock with the intensity of some of the best-known metal alterna/metal acts out there today. This stuff rocks, plain and simple."
"ELOI is a Christian band. The problem with Christian bands is they usually are more intent on pushing their beliefs down the listeners throat than making meaningful music. This Garland quartet, however, is a welcome exception to the rule. Vocalist Seth Poor, guitarist, Bryan Hilliard, bassist Stephen T. Smiley and drummer Jeff Gothard are a tight, talented prog metal band that happens to exude a positive message, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

<LI>
<LI>that was our first review. It was in a local dallas rag called the "harder beat. We had just played our 4th show and had opened up for Gaurdian.
<LI>
<LI>--seth

I would use the term "prog" loosely, I would say more along the lines of grove metal.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:20 pm

GODSWIZARD wrote:
I like ELOI. Twisted Evil Once in awhile i'm in the mood for them. Ed-banger!

I feel the same way. Every now and then i pull out the cds and listen to them. and then remember why i havent listened to them in awhile. *laughs*

The METALLICA and MEGADETH comparison is not correct at all. Evil or Very Mad

ChildIS's statement about them being groove metal/groove core is much closer to the sound. Twisted Evil

thats how HM Magazine pegged us. I dont know. HM Magazine helped us out a lot so I will go with their opinion. Big Smile

Good schtuff. Yay!

💋
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:29 am

Eloimoldsoffreedom wrote:

In the end, we were compared to metallica, C.O.C., tool, eternal decision, helmet, pantera (never really understood that one) and many more that i cant recall.

strangely, never chicago. *sigh*

-seth

WOW!!! That is some very GOOD company in my books. I may have to cave and check this out....
But if it is like Chicage, sorry I pass. Unless Chicago as in the land of Trouble Chicago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eloi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eloi   Eloi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eloi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Mines of Moria-
Jump to: