THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sword- Speak Now!

Go down 
+6
brontotex
Stained Glass Flames
TrogDawn
zombiewalkin
Shawn Eat Snake
ghosts of athanasius
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:15 pm

Hey Rob! Good to see you here, bro! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
brontotex
Hatchling Noob
brontotex

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 11:00 am

My Dentist is into The Sword. He's a metal head and we always talk music. He asked me "have you heard The Sword" I said "Oh Hell Yes!"
Back to top Go down
Evoked
Hatchling Noob
Evoked

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:05 am

In a place where people are so true doom and kvlt, The Sword is something to be ashamed of; because their holy ''tr00'' kvltness is degenerated by mainstream. Now they have nothing to say about The Sword but insult them because they are not feeling so elitist anymore about their precious metal - like Gollum did when Frodo took his precioussss. It's nice to see you folks aren't into such madness.

The Sword is a very talented, Black Sabbath inspired band and nothing more, full energy, high quality music. Now, some corporations might give them so much fame that they don't deserve (like if they are new Sabbath or something). But that doesn't change the fact that they are a good stoner doom band.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:56 am

Well I have to say while they have been successful I would caution to add RELATIVELY so. For instnace they are still not widely stocked by most chain stores (Best Buy, Walmart, etc) and they aren't exactly in heavy rotation between Hannah Montana and daughtry so take it with a grain of salt

But I am also galad we don't subscribe to such madness because IMO if there is anything that is so NOT rock n roll it is scenster dweebs with their little rules and poses. The type of guys that if ___ band came out with an album, no matter how good, they would still cry that the demo or first record was cooler because that is the tr00 thing to do.

I am really pumped to see what The Sword do as a follow up although personally I think if nothing else Age of Winters is an instant classic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:53 pm

Happy to say that the sword is coming to my neighborhood this dec.!!!!! i'm so there.

just a fyi. if you're looking for a little extra sword stuff, check out itunes they have a single called "under the boughs" from the "invaders" compilation from kemado.

so so good.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 pm

Don't miss em live!

One of the best shows I have ever seen
Back to top Go down
Acid
Wanker
Acid

Female Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:20 pm

When the album came out I got really into it, but then it just faded away and now I'm indifferent. So I guess for me this band doesn't have that certain something to make me look forward to everything they release.

(and they don't look doomy enough, but this is me being frivolous)
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Male Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:57 pm

Acid... your last statement, in teeny tiny writing... Laughing

ghosts: I'll be seeing THE SWORD live in December with BLACK COBRA (who I've heard great things about)... I'm stoked!!
Back to top Go down
BLOOD AND IRON
Wanker
BLOOD AND IRON

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:35 pm

I ordered the vinyl from the States great sleeve art then the music didnt impress. Seems some lame Metal band trying to take on stoner/doom in the easiest way. Its just my opinion. A happy 'no'
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:45 pm

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The Swod have released new music... BUT ONLY A 10" VINYL and alas I have no turntable!

You can hear a clip here

http://www.myspace.com/thesword
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 am

I saw them live at the Middle East club in Cambridge, MA. They were amazing. They actually played 3 or 4 new songs at the show including "Fire Lances of the Ancient Hyperzephyrians." I honestly say it's all more of the same. Which is good. They're going to re-record "Under the Boughs" for the new album as well. All I can say is that I can't wait to hear the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 pm

New album out April 1 and they are touring Stateside/Rockies and West too WOOHOO New merch is rad as well
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:58 am

Nahum, I was at that show at the Middle East... it was awesome! I was in the front row standing right in front of Kyle Shutt. They're an excellent live band.
Peace out!
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:25 pm

Can't wait!!! Love the retro Lord of the Rings Animation going on....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7kYDr1hHCw
Back to top Go down
screaming7s
Mattafakka
screaming7s

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:27 pm

I LOVE The Sword!!!

Age of Winters was Amazing and Gods of the Earth is just as good if not better!
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:06 am

I just picked up "Gods of the Earth." I've only given it one spin so far, but I really dig it. Someone else commented (in a positive way) that it seems to be "more of the same," which I'd say is somewhat true, although one thing that jumped out at me is that there is a bit more in the way of speedy, thrashy passages than on "Age of Winters." A bit more RTL-era Metallica-meets-Slayer, and just a bit less Sabbath/Sleep/Trouble. For most of us that are all about the slow and low this may not seem like a positive at first, but the band makes it work and still sound pretty doomy. There are still a sufficient number of slower passages too, and they retain that irresistable groove throughout, regardless of the speed at which they're playing. I would also say the musicianship has jumped up a peg or two as well. All in all, seems like a great record that will make frequent trips to my player...
Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:15 am

Yeah that is what I was thinking... the speediness reminded me of earlier trouble without the doomy voice of Eric.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:58 am

I need to snag this one....I really like Age Of Winters...

I saw where THE SWORD & DOWN are touring Europe w/ METALLICA...could be a harbinger of good things to come from the next METALLICA record...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:54 am

Stained Glass Flames wrote:
Nahum, I was at that show at the Middle East... it was awesome! I was in the front row standing right in front of Kyle Shutt. They're an excellent live band.
Peace out!
Uhhh, yeah. I was standing right next to you, Nate. Afraid

I've been playing the album non-stop since it came out. They have definitely moved closer to Slayer and further from Sabbath. But I like it more than AOW. They are coming again to the Middle East with Torche! Wish I was going to be around for that show! Torche is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Nahum wrote:
Uhhh, yeah. I was standing right next to you, Nate. Afraid

AARON!!!!! Glad you decided to check this place out, man! Yeah, I'm loving the new SWORD album, too. I'll have to look into Torche. As long as they're better than Motherboar and Valient Thorr I'll be happy to see them open for The Sword!!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sword- Speak Now!   The Sword- Speak Now! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sword- Speak Now!
Page 1 of 1