THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2007-01-31

DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Empty
PostSubject: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:14 am

Had a very very very cool experience. It was cool.

At Cornerstone, in the Sanctuary tent.

As some of you may remember, my daughter has a congenital heart defect, had corrective surgery, and now wears a pace maker.

Late in June, she got ill. At first, it seemed very flu-ish. She was vomiting and sluggish, but not horribly - so we thought it was just the flu. Well, the vomiting continued way past what we thought was flu-ish. My wife gets on the horn with the 'nursing hotline' or whatever - when you call and they try to triage you over the phone to see if you need to go to the ER or not. They said mostly - well, no. My wife tried to do the computer dial-up thingy for my daughter's pace, but got no confirmation from the cardiologists office on whether it went through or if there was a problem or not. . . but bottom line, we were darned uncomfortable. Thinking it was flu-ish - we went to the home town ER - instead of the OSF (Cardio) ER - to see what was up.

When we got in, they immediately start vitals, and 2 of the nurses are like - somethings wrong with our equip - we're only getting a 50bpm heart rate. Oh no. . . we know what that meant. They got an IV started (after 5 sticks and lots of crying) put us in the ambulance, and took us to the cardio hospital in peoria (a 10 minute drive - so not too far).

When we arrived, the cario comes in, tells us shes losing capture (iow - the pace is firing, but the heart is not responding to the pace). This doc says she's got a bad wire - and it needs replaced. The jack up the voltage on the pace - dropping the expected battery life to 6 months (typically, the battery life is 5 - 10 years).

Our cardiologist comes the next day - we did get admitted - and says, no surgery, lets try steriods instead. This must be due to scarring on the surface of the heart - so lets try to heal it up. Ok - for 1 1/2 days. Then she begins to lose capture again. Not completely - but enough that the doc comes in at 9:30pm on a sat - when he's not on call.

Ok, well - we do need to replace the lead. Her heart is getting better - so that must not be it. Must be the lead. Lets replace it - quickly.

Next day - they tell us the open heart is scheduled for Tues. morning.

Ok. Surgery goes fine. But they should always - ALWAYS - tell you longer than they think it'll take. They tell us 2 1/2 hours - it was more like 4. 4 very long hours. Arabella is only 16 months old now. . . .

Anyhoo - surgery goes very well. She's sent home the next day after surgery - running around the house 2 days post-op. Amazing. Kids are way resilient.

So I posted this up on my blog on myspace - which I figure no one reads - and oh, by the way - cornerstone was going on - where I was supposed to be - this was obviously more important - so I get the blessing from the wife, and make sure all is well with 'Bella - and head down to c-stone (which is less than an hour away....) on Friday. (3 days post-op). Wife was very cool with. Or I wouldn't have.

Who's playing tonight? Oh, cool. DBeality.

Sweet.

I'm hanging at the tent - SL is running sound, so I'm loading bands & what-not. Catch the rumor that Robert Sweet is in camp somewhere (he ended up drumming for DBeality) - setting stuff up or whatever - and this guy walks up to me.

"You're Wes, right?"
"uh, yeah"
"I'm Jeff. I've been praying for your daughter - how is she?"
"um, who are you again?"

So this guy - who ends up being Jeff Adams (for reference - http://www.trabenbass.com/artists.html# - the second guy listed) - David's bass player - goes on to tell me about how his band, family, church - all the people - are praying for my daughter, and he's talking to me like we've known each other for years - and I'm feeling like really great *vibes* (not the best word, but it'll do) - and so I just start sharing with this guy. We talk - deep intimate stuff - for about an hour or so. He's a spector player - knows that I am too - talks about bass, kids, bands, God - healing. . . it was just very cool.

So then, I get to help ROBERT SWEET set up his drum set. Then took some pics of Jeff & Robert & David (who is also a very cool - down-to-earth guy) and Dale Greer (smoking guitar player).

The set was fantastic. Great stuff.

Had a blast.

Took a bunch of pics & vids. I'll post some when I remember where they are on my computer.

Anyway - wanted to share. Very cool stuff.

God is good. Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 2:24 pm

Wow man... Shocked

While I was reading about your daughter's trials, I was like "damn... Frown " and then you launch into how well she is doing and how you got to have such a cool experience at C-stone and I was like "wow! Big Smile "

Now you have me confused as to just how I am actually feeling... Huh?

Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well man. Also gald to ehar that you got blessed at the show. Troggish
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

PostSubject: Re: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Yes - she is doing incredibly well. So well, in fact, we've been told by 2 doc's that the 'bad lead' was a blessing in disguise. Her heart function is much improved over previously..... Very cool. God works in mysterious ways.

& I've talked with Jeff a couple times. Very cool guy.

He just got back from touring with Jeremy Camp & Steven Curtis Chapman (he's a full time-kinda guy) - he was sharing how my daughter's / our story was able to bless one of the other musicians on the tour who's neice is going through something very simliar.

Very cool.

God is good.

:)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 4:54 pm

I'm really happy your daughter is doing well Wes, Thanks very much for your kind comments about me and Dbeality! It was very nice meeting you at Cornerstone....

God Bless,
David Benson
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

PostSubject: Re: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 6:21 pm

David!

Hey bro - nice to 'see' you on here!

We need to do another show sometime. . . Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:12 pm

Yes, Maybe we can get to do a concert together sometime, We are available.....It would be totaly cool!
You and your Band were so kind to us...I really appreciate that......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM   DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DBeality, cornerstone, pace makers & me....loving DOOOOM
Page 1 of 1