THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changed Heart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 11:54 am

What a great song by Place of Skulls. I was thinking: what if my church played songs like this? This is more worshipful for me then most of the modern stuff.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:06 pm

etombdissonance wrote:
What a great song by Place of Skulls. I was thinking: what if my church played songs like this? This is more worshipful for me then most of the modern stuff.
I have had thoughts like that concerning many songs! The problem is that you need a group of people who are going to recognize the potential as well, instead of dismissing it based on its sound or aesthetic. 'People' (as in, groups of people) are shallow, I suppose they always will be.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Yeah, I have first hand experience about how close-minded worship teams and congregations can be when trying to introduce something of substance to a worship service (as a worship leader). Not to mention jealousy expressed by other worship leaders who tend to be stuck in whatever is the latest "hot thing" worship-wise and can't perceive, or are jsut too scared of, anything that would be passionate and awesome. This is another area that exists only in the past of my life. See ya!

Oh, and I cried the first time I heard "Changed Heart". It truly is a thing of beauty. And if you haven't heard "Blood of Jesus" yet, you must! It's even more beautiful! If I remember correctly, Victor shared with me that he got basically rejected when he tried to share his more worship-oriented songs with a congregation too. Friggin' Morons!
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:53 am

Terrible man!
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 10:38 am

I want to hear that song but that album is hard to get.
I would love to find a congregation that would be open minded enough to consider a much broader range of worship styles.
I cried the first time I heard Stavesacre's, At the Moment and I cry about once a year whether I need to or not. That song and Burning Clean would be awesome worship songs in a church setting.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 12:15 pm

While we're on the subject, I've thought, since I got into Blind Faith a while ago, how cool would it be to hear a church congregation playing some retro psychedelic blues-rock worship ala Presence of the Lord??? Veddy interrresting
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:24 pm

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
While we're on the subject, I've thought, since I got into Blind Faith a while ago, how cool would it be to hear a church congregation playing some retro psychedelic blues-rock worship ala Presence of the Lord??? Veddy interrresting
Yep, that would be a GREAT one to do! WAY UP!

I have made many attempts to introduce stuff like that, and even temporarily succeeded a few times. Here are a few I managed to squeeze in without causing a church split:

BEATLES - It's All Too Much
BEATLES - Let it Be
PHIL COLLINS - Dance Into the Light
NORMAN GREENBAUM - Spirit in the Sky
RICHIE HAVENS - Freedom
RICHIE HAVENS - You Are the One
PHIL KEAGGY - Be Thou My Vision
QUEEN - Jesus
LEO SAYER - When I Need You
THE IMPRESSIONS/ROD STEWART & JEFF BECK - People Get Ready
TROGLODYTE DAWN - Flower
TROGLODYTE DAWN - Redeemed
STEVIE WONDER - Higher Ground
THE WHO - Magic Bus (re-write)

And there were MANY others I wanted to do, but it was like pulling teeth to really accomplish anything substantial. The worship machine tends to move even slower than the whells of justice. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:17 am

My church does songs like this in worship.

:)

we did come together recently - jesus is just alright - and some stevie wonder, iirc.

I like my church.

:)
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
Sponsored content

Changed Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed Heart   Changed Heart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changed Heart
Page 1 of 1