THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:43 pm

DIDN'T SEE THIS ANYWHERE,THOUGH MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT,HAVE LIKED EVERYTHING SCOTT ALBERT AKA KLAY SCOTT AKA THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS:roll: ANY WAY WHATEVER HE CALLS HIMSELF NOW.HAS ANYBODY GOT OR HEARD THE PROJECT HE DID WITH CRISS ANGEL,WAS CURIOUS ABOUT IT ALSO WHAT HE'S DOING NOW?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Been spinning Circle of Dust's discs a lot over the past week or so. The COD: Brainchild is the best, IMO.

Have you heard his new cover of the Bee Gees song Tragedy? My first thought was "How can a heavy industrial guy cover a disco song?" but it freakin' rocks...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 6:39 pm

You guys ever heard of a band called LAIBACH? Awesome pre-industrial band from Yugoslavia. WAY UP!

This album is KILLER:

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Laibach-opus-dei
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Anonymous

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 am

Tell me more, dude! I love stuff like that! Are they a Christian band?
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 11:20 am

WENT TO AMAZON AND LISTENED TO SAMPLES OF CELLDWELLER,ITS OKAY BUT CAN'T TOUCH COD,ALSO READ ARTICLE IN HM WITH SCOTT.DON'T WANT TO SOUND JUDGEMENTAL ,BUT HOW MANY OF US HAVE BEEN BURNED. IN THE ARTICLE HE SEEMS TO SAY HE DOESN'T BLAME GOD,AND HE SEEMS TO BE MAKING MONEY,SO WHY NOT DO SOMETHING IND. WITH SOME HOPE IN THE LYRICS?OF COURSE YEAH I KNOW,HIS CHOICE,JUST SUCH A SHAME THAT KIND OF TALENT NOT USED AS IT ONCE WAS.ODD ISN'T IT ,LIKE ROGER OF VR,THOSE THAT SEEM THE STRONGEST,HAVE BECOME THE WEAKEST.MAKES ME WONDER IF THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING, A CONN. BETWEEN THE SO- CALLED CHR. MUSIC INDUSTRY AND THE LINE ABOUT MONEYCHANGERS IN THE TEMPLE ,IN GOD'S EYES.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 3:55 pm

I wouldn't call Klay weak at all, and I certainly would never liken him to Roger Martinez. I agree with almost everything he said in the HM article. Screw the legalists. Being a musician myself, I've been in his shoes and can see what he means.

If I were a vaccuum cleaner salesman, and I'm a Christian, does that mean I have to be a "Christian vaccuum cleaner salesman?" To use your word, would it be a "shame" if I didn't use my vaccuum cleaner business as a ministry?

What do you do for a living? Do you use it primarily to promote the Gospel? I suspect not... and Klay isn't any different.

For all we know, Klay does more witnessing to his friends/family/people he meets than any of us Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 4:02 pm

Heh. I just re-read my last post, and I feel a bit like I'm at "certain other message boards" that we used to post at! Laughing
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 4:52 pm

BlackNightSky wrote:
Tell me more, dude! I love stuff like that! Are they a Christian band?
Nope, not a Christian band, but there are God references here and there - but many of the lyrics are basically sung in German.

They are more akin to a Yugoslavian neo-Political underground movement band with a slight whiff of nazi fashion. GEEN!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 pm

Oh, and I do like CIRCLE OF DUST. Mainly their s/t debut album (the original 1992 release with "Exploration" on it).

I also used to have the Brainchild album too, but I sold it years ago. I'm not really big into industrial.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 9:26 pm

I love industrial. "Dead Man's Prayer" from the Brainchild album (the COD version, not the Brainchild: Mindwarp version) is stinkin' HEAVY.

I'll have to check out Laibach. That cover is freaky.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:28 pm

BlackNightSky wrote:
I wouldn't call Klay weak at all, and I certainly would never liken him to Roger Martinez. I agree with almost everything he said in the HM article. Screw the legalists. Being a musician myself, I've been in his shoes and can see what he means.

If I were a vaccuum cleaner salesman, and I'm a Christian, does that mean I have to be a "Christian vaccuum cleaner salesman?" To use your word, would it be a "shame" if I didn't use my vaccuum cleaner business as a ministry?

What do you do for a living? Do you use it primarily to promote the Gospel? I suspect not... and Klay isn't any different.

For all we know, Klay does more witnessing to his friends/family/people he meets than any of us Smile
Hey man,what i meant was his lyrics were once apocalyptic but had hope "Life with Jesus is endless hope,life without him is a hopelessness" his words ,not mine.Its not like I didn't research this some,I went and read the Celldweller lyrics and there is very little hope if any in them.Just an opinion ok but "Switchback" seems to about someone wanting to return to something but in the writers perception not being able to.My point is yeah, sure he can do what he wants to, but the words have that great emptiness feeling like one of my musical faves Sirenia, no hope but great heavy music.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:43 pm

I'm kind of replying to my self here, but,getting back on the subject,I really like the Chatterbox cd too.An interesting question i would like to bring up:When I try to burn tracks off of my Generation cd(the one that Bruce Franklin appeared on) they won't work! Anybody else had this problem with the cd ?
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:48 am

The deal with Klay Scott and Darren Diolorasa (KLANK) is that they went to this congregation in New York. There was sexual abuse there involvoing boys (possibly they themselves but it has bever been officially stated as such). The whole thing was very poorly handled and the guy basically got away with it as far as I remember. The whole situation really screwed them up. Then Klay got accused of dealing drugs and doing drugs at C-stone which was a false story. SO between that, a bunch of other CBA bull they got very jaded and burned. They have basically given up on church as a rule and can be very cynical of anyone who calls him/herself christian.

It isn't that I don't understand where they are coming from. I think we all have our horror stories. But IMO you can't forsake the Church entirely. The New Testament doesn't allow for the lone ranger mentality. But it is a HUGE challenge at times, I think mainly because so few in the church have actually converted. They are basically still operating as pagans in a somewhat more sanitized context. Self is still Lord of their life the agendas are just wearing different clothes.

But I agree, I miss the positive content. I am not asking musicians to be evangelists. Honestly I am very uncomfortable with that idea anyhow. But I do wish that as they expressed themselves in art that there could be some room, occassionaly. for the christian worldview and a hint of hope now and then
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 pm

I personally am pretty much through with the "organized" church as far as I can see. Too much manipulation and personal agendas masquerading as "holiness" for me to stomach any longer. The church I am now a part of isn't limited to the inside of a building or even to meetings every Sunday, but it is through the honest and loving relationships of a few tusted close friends - many of you here included...like it or not! Winky
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 10:14 pm

yeah I definitely get that. The Church is not architecture, well I guess it is living architechture, but I think there is still something to be said for corporate gathering, meals, bible study, preaching, etc. However, here is the kicker, it has to be centered around Jesus and measured by love. That is where it gets complicated. The minute it becomes about anything other than God first the shelf life begins and it is only a matter of time until it sours and expires. We are fortunate here that we have Mars Hill, and occassionally we travel up to Surrey to the congregation my old guitarist has planted. As long as they keep the priorities right it will continue to be a good thing. I find it near impossible to be spiritually healthy and not in some form of relationship and community.
I also wrote about it in my online journal... how lions take down the members of the herd who wander off.

But now we are not talking about anything remotely industrial so I will knock it off hahhaa

I do like Mortal's Fathom and AP2. Some of the Training for Utopia stuff flirted with industrial;
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:51 pm

I didn't mean that to sound like a "duh" statement. Sorry if it sounded that way at all. Neutral

ghosts of athanasius wrote:
I also wrote about it in my online journal... how lions take down the members of the herd who wander off.
Plenty of those lions in the church too, and I've been "taken down" more than once by them. Until I am able to better think for myself and also to think more critically regarding the things that are preached at me (instead of just swallowing them whole), or only attending a church just because I'm afraid of getting nailed, I highly doubt I'll be joining another congregation any time soon.

ghosts of athanasius wrote:
I do like Mortal's Fathom and AP2. Some of the Training for Utopia stuff flirted with industrial;
I dig MORTAL's catalogue in its entirety, but particularly Fathom, Wake and Pura (though the last one is actually quite ambient.) I also have a cd by CHATTERBOX that is ok. Like I said before though, industrial isn't really my thing.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Smile Sincere thanks for your input guys,I think there was some confusion about what I was talking about.I was truly lamenting the fact that the so- called "Christian" music industry and some hypocritical people sort of chewed up and spit out artists like Roger M. and Klay.I had'nt heard about any abuse allegations though and if I had I would not have even approached the subject.Also I was speaking of the industry when I made the comparision about moneychangers.I was just going to let this go, but I'm glad you guys chimed in.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 am

Nah no worries. The SINdustry is pretty jacked up. I think you are right. They totally screwed over those guys too. But I also think that is just what 99.9% of labels do. One of the reasons I don't CCM labels. I think music has to be music. You can definitely have upbeat content etc, but when it gets in the moneychangers hands things go sideways. Reach more people is doublespeak for sell more units. Many of those guys signed away publishing because they thought it was going to be a ministry. Sad!

And Randy I totally get where you coming from. It is a sad reality that a good congregation is HARD to find.

As for Mortal I love them and the Fold Zan stuff I heard. However my catalog ends with WAKE. I never heard PURA or Nu-Injin. I LOVED Wake and thought it was a great record. Lusis has its moments wihtout a doubt
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:18 pm

You know,its cool to be able to talk about this stuff.I'm not always the most discerning person,but it seemed like a couple of weeks ago there was almost a dividing spirit present here.It seemed like no matter where you went somebody was upset with someone.Ghosts is really right about the focus thing.My story is that I was part of an excellent bible study that became a church.It was me and another guy in fact that found the building we had services in, which is part of the reason I took it so hard when things fell apart.Guys,all it took was one legalistic type to bring everything down!The mag I co-created was so closely involved with the church that we crashed and burned too.Due to the spiritual immaturity of our pastor he let this neo/theo/legalist become asst.pastor.Keep in mind that we were a bunch of long haired rockers who set out to form a Sanctuary sort of church.We gave our time to invite people to church and amazingly after a while, all you heard coming in, was in effect :Thou shalt not listen to Ozzy or Metallica,only Christian rock ,and if you can believe it"Wives submit to your husbands" ,conviently leaving out the other part of the scripture.Its fraekin ridiculous but the church I was a charter member of, became like a cult, after me and a few others quit going to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAVY INDUSTRIAL   HEAVY INDUSTRIAL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL
Page 1 of 1