THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo

Go down 
+3
zombiewalkin
ultmetal
Popergeist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Empty
PostSubject: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:39 am

Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Destroyedcover05_2007copy
so yeah, there it is....the official artwork......pretty neat eh?

I think so, plus, it's going to be re-pressed...this time only as destroyed. Why? Cause uh, blood was on the pre-release only and this one warrants a release all to itself....it has been mastered (and sounds much, much better now) and will have lyrics printed in a much larger font, probably spread across three pages, which is much easier than the two page, super small print on the pre-release.

Anyhow........I'm not sure when this thing is gonna actually get released but it will be this year for sure, before the new album is probably even near being finished.
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 4:53 am

it will also be full colour packaging. After sitting down and doing the initial rough layout I decided, why not? So it'll probably cost a couple bucks more than the pre-release (cause there are more bells and whistles added to this one). hopefull y'all won't mind that improvement in packaging.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:29 am

Cool! I AM...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:30 am

Wasn't that same image used on Betrayal - Renaissance by Death?
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:24 am

It does look familiar.....kick ass painting though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:04 am

Looks awesome, man! Ed-banger!

Gustav Dore' is one of my favorite artists. His work has been used on many album covers, including ones by PLACE OF SKULLS, MORNING STAR WORSHIP BAND, a future TROGLODYTE DAWN release and DELIVERANCE. WAY UP!

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:36 pm

yes it was used on the Berayal album in question.......but i don't care Smile I like it enough to force it down peoples throats LOL
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:16 pm

LOVE Gustave Dore~~~~ Way cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:33 pm

I'm considering retooling the logo, into a different color mind you.....how would you think it would look the same color as the title?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 6:05 am

Might look good in DEEP RED too.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:21 am

Leave the design of the logo as is because it's AWESOME, but a different color might be cool (though I do like the blue). The only change in design I would suggest is to push the "FORM" up a little bit closer to the "TRANSFIGURAL". There's just a little too much space in between for my OCD to live with. GEEN!
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 7:28 pm

Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Destroyedcover2007alternatelogocolo
and troggy, I would move the FORM closer but......I didn't want to break up the font..........otherwise, my brand of OCD would not let me cope with it even slightly off center under the TRANSFIGURAL part Big Smile
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

That looks really good but I also like the deep red suggestion
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:23 am

Popergeist wrote:
and troggy, I would move the FORM closer but......I didn't want to break up the font..........otherwise, my brand of OCD would not let me cope with it even slightly off center under the TRANSFIGURAL part Big Smile
Laughing So, we're down to a battle of our obsessive-compulsive wills, eh? There should be a way to move the two lines closer and not break up the font. I just can't remember...is it the "tracking"? Huh?

Oh, and I like the greenish one. It was a toxic Munsters feel to it! cool beans!
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:19 pm

I detect hints of Candlemass. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 pm

I love old Candlemass records Smile

hmmmmmmm, i'll take a looksie at that troggy.......I'm using Photoshop 7 (cause nothing newer will work on my puter LOL)
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:45 am

hopefully it'll see a release this year, the way things are looking though, it may not happen. Too much money going out to bills and the like and not enough to be kept aside during the spring/summer for me....electric bills are going to be insanely huge for me this year.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 am

This is just a thought, but I actually think the blue looks best. It causes the eye to check the band name first, then the title, which also stands out from the black n' white background. Good choice of backgrounds, too. Not only is it a wicked piece of art, but the black and white really helps the words stand out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo   Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destroyed to be released this year....(cover art too..oooooo
Page 1 of 1