THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest Dissapointments

Go down 
+5
Elroy Bucket
Virgil Bucket
Orion Crystal Ice
TrogDawn
DigitalScreams
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DigitalScreams
Wanker
DigitalScreams

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Biggest Dissapointments Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 11:44 am

Which discs were you most excited to get, only to be dissapointed by them? You know - that album that sounded so promising or that you just had to have, then were sorry you got it?

Pain of Salvation - Scarsick. This held the promise of greatness, but sadly seems like they didn't try very hard. Sometimes its an artistic decision for a prog band to make things more straight forward. It didn't work in this case, the music wants to be more complex and innovative, but isn't. The rapping worked previously when it represented a certain character, but comes across as laziness on Scarsick. The concept could be intersting and presented well, but ends up being whiny and vacant ranting about how much America sucks.

Opeth - Ghost Reveries. Supposedly their "best release ever" (aren't they all before the actual release date?) Its boring, and pales in comparison to Deliverance and Damnation (which I consider a double-disc release even though they came out a year apart from each other).

Last edited by on Sat May 12, 2007 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 11:45 am

I'll move it to the General Music forum. Troggish
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DigitalScreams
Wanker
DigitalScreams

Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 11:50 am

Oops, must have missed general music amongst all the sub-categories. There I go, trying to spike the kool-aid already. Twisted Evil Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Wanker
Orion Crystal Ice

Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 9:32 am

Well, I just got the new Grave Digger, 'Liberty or Death' the other day, and even though it looks like it's going to be incredible, this is the first Grave Digger album that has disappointed me.... I'm hard pressed to find just one standout on here... maybe it'll change.

BUT, like I said it's the FIRST one to make me feel that way at all. Every album from 'The Reaper' all the way up to 'The Last Supper' is 4 to 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Virgil Bucket
Perma-Wank
Virgil Bucket

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 2:05 pm

I didn't like the last record that Helen Reddy did. She kept on tellin' everyone that she was a woman in her song, but even I knew she weren't no man. It just sounded kinda dum. I think she thinks she's real smart and that everyone else is stupid or sumthin' that isn't her and she has to tell us that she ain't a man. I ain't stupid. I figgered it out right off when I seen them bumps under her shirt just like Sadie Jenkins got.
Back to top Go down
Elroy Bucket
Perma-Wank
Elroy Bucket

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 4:24 pm

You means Aunt Sadie, them sure is big disappointments. Is that what theys callin' them now?Huh?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Addy

Male Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:37 am

My biggest Disappointment was Stryper- Reborn
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sombrant
Trogling
Sombrant

Male Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 5:56 am

Most Dream Theater CD's after Awake

Most King's X CD's after Faith, Hope, and Love

Pink Floyd (I mean Roger Waters') The Final Cut
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickmester.com
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 6:00 am

Living Sacrifice- Nonexistent
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 10:07 am

The giant lump of crap called - United Abominations by megadeth. Lyrically i love it, musically I can't stand it. even after having heard it some 15 times I still don't get it...maybe it's age, or gas or something i ate......musically it doesn't fit the lyrics and there seems to be a lot of filler material on this album.

I have a ton of respect for Dave, but this album just left a bad sound in my head after repeated listens.

*is being brutally honest*
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Really?

I love that album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Addy
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Addy

Male Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:27 am

I love that album too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 4:25 pm

yeah, I just, for the life of me, cannot seem to sit through it musically at all.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 5:45 pm

Popergeist wrote:
yeah, I just, for the life of me, cannot seem to sit through it musically at all.
It's because you're crazy, dood - completely unsane. That's all it is, I swear. Pshaw!
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Dissapointments   Biggest Dissapointments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Dissapointments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Musicus Generalis-
Jump to: