THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about Yob?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Question about Yob? Empty
PostSubject: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Any good? What are the lyrics like? Also, what about Middian?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:19 am

I've got the Midian CD @ home (promo) but I haven't spun it yet...are they supposed to be Doom-related?

I like Yob, but don't recall thier lyrical themes...
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:03 am

Middian was started by the founding member of Yob who's name escapes me. Yeah, supposed to be a heavy doom influence.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:44 am

I had the last two YOB releases (The Illusion of Motion & The Unreal Never Lived), but they never really got under my skin, so I sold them off. I don't remember much about the lyrical themes. Check darklyrics.com
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 11:15 am

etombdissonance wrote:
Middian was started by the founding member of Yob who's name escapes me. Yeah, supposed to be a heavy doom influence.

Cool...now I have a reason to check out the CD... Bouncy
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Male Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:40 am

YOB is fantastic. I have Catharsis, The Illusion of Motion, and The Unreal Never Lived. All of 'em rule; they're among my favorite doom acts, for sure. They're really unique, particularly in Mike Scheidt's vocal style. It's very HEAVY, trippy, psychedelic doom metal. Imagine Sleep meets Neurosis, with a bit of Cathedral and Sabbath thrown in for good measure... sort of. Razz

Lyrically, they delve into a lot of Eastern religion and philosophy. I wouldn't be surprised if Scheidt is Buddhist. As a Christian, I don't find it offensive, but of course the belief system they promote differs quite a bit from my own.

Hope this is helpful... check 'em out, I don't think you'll be disappointed! Now I've gotta go check out Midian!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Yob?   Question about Yob? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Yob?
Page 1 of 1