THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance - As Above So Below

Go down 
+5
Virgil Bucket
DigitalScreams
ultmetal
ghosts of athanasius
zombiewalkin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sombrant
Trogling
Sombrant

Male Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - As Above So Below   Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Addy wrote:
In his interview with the ole Tinker Jimmy himself said that Assimilation should not have happened. That he didnt consider it a true return to form D album, though he said there were some choice cuts

I think Jimmy had told me or I read this i Cannot quite remember that he wrote that entire album with nothing but keyboards initally

Actually that was "This Sad Veil of Tears"... He wrote it with no guitars at all intending it to be a Fearful Symmetry release... and then later thought about making it a Deliverance CD instead of a FS record. So he put the trademark guitars on there and had Manny lay down bass.

But when his relationship with Indie Dream Records began to crumble (at the same time mine did) he decided to continue developing the disk as a Fearful Symmetry CD. Several us begged him to leave the guitars and I suppose we finally convinced him.

I have long told him that I think some of his best vocals were done on that disk. He tracked the vox before he did the guitars. He has such an amazingly smooth voice. When he sings with guitars, though, he tends to grind his voice a bit. That didn't happen on This Sad Veil of Tears though - the vox are wide open and gorgeous!

I think he's a little bummed that D fans didn't embrace This Sad Veil of Tears. It's SO much better than Assimilation and more accurately portrayed where he wanted to go with Assimilation (were it not for label games and meddling).

It may be blasphemy, but I recon that I like This Sad Veil and A Loss of Balance best of all Jimmy's musical catelog. Watching him record those disks... his heart was REALLY in them - and I think it shows.

peace,
r
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickmester.com
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - As Above So Below   Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 am

I purchased "Sad Veil of Tears" but it was just outside my tastes. I traded it off without reviewing it.

I have the Jupiter VI CD still. I haven't given it much of a chance yet.

I love the new Deliverance CD though. Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Sombrant
Trogling
Sombrant

Male Number of posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - As Above So Below   Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:26 am

He's got a new Jupiter 6 disk in the works... It's a live disk... Conceptual disk (like Back From Mars) - only the concept is Back To Mars... A live show on Mars. I have a feeling he won't actually be playing and recording on Mars. It's just a hunch though!

Also, there is still one more FS CD to come out (NON). I hope he changes his mind and keeps making FS records. But last I spoke to him, NON is the last one.

He said he is tired of electronics and likes the organic rock and roll of Jupiter 6.

Peace and Porcupines!!!
r
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickmester.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - As Above So Below   Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:49 pm

I'm diggin' the new one!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - As Above So Below   Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:37 am

What are the lyrics like on the Jupiter 6 album?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - As Above So Below   Deliverance - As Above So Below - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance - As Above So Below
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Mines of Moria-
Jump to: