THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

Male Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-01-26

THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Empty
PostSubject: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 8:54 pm

Anyone else gotten a chance to hear this yet? What do you think of it? I've given it two or three spins, and I seem to dig it more with each spin. It didn't immediately hit me in the face like Mother*Teacher*Destroyer did, but if it continues to grow on me like it has with the first couple listens, then in the long run I may wind up liking it even more than its predecessor.

There seems to be less psychedelia than on the previous record, and the songs seem linked together in a more intimate fashion. I haven't had a chance to analyze the lyrics much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a concept album, or at least has a revolving theme throughout. The packaging is brilliant, and the songs are extremely strong; I'd highly recommend it if you haven't yet picked it up.
Peace out!
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:26 pm

A big ol' 16-month Bumpity

Man, if you Wino fans never picked this up, you're missing out. I was right in my original post, at this point I would rank Whiskey Foote higher even than M*T*D, which - in my opinion - is saying a lot. It's not too late to run out and grab a copy!!
Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Yeah, it's a great record...it's a little odd in the pacing department, but overall I can't think of any songs that don't deliver.

I would still pick MTD as their best overall record though.
Back to top Go down
screaming7s
Mattafakka
screaming7s

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:42 pm

I LOVE this CD!!!
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Doom-Metal Doom-Metal Doom-Metal Doom-Metal Doom-Metal
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:10 am

Man,I don't know,I listened to some tracks on the Vibrations of Doom site and I have a mixed opinion,when the Man is singing I like it but when the other guy is, enh,not so much.Anybody ever get the story on what happened,sounded like Wino just got screwed around, from that post left here long ago.Overall,IMO,with the exception of Victor and Dave Chandler,when Weinrich is the singer,he should be the only singer.Now pair him with Bobby Liebling and that would be a different story Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 pm

SabbSteve wrote:
Overall,IMO,with the exception of Victor and Dave Chandler,when Weinrich is the singer,he should be the only singer.Now pair him with Bobby Liebling and that would be a different story Twisted Evil

Hmmmm... my initial reaction was to say I agree with this, but actually I really like all the vocals on THE HIDDEN HAND's albums, and I also like the tunes by SPIRIT CARAVAN when Dave Sherman sings. I do, however, agree that Wino's vocals fit best.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Oops,yeah, Sherm is cool too,I don't know,the tracks I heard whats his name ,Falkinburg,his voice sounded ragged,now to be fair I have not heard the second one of HH,also have not heard all of Spirit Caravan's stuff either, so enh,maybe not my greatest post.I really would like to know the backstory on the end of HH though,I'm going to be honest here,being that Vitus is one of my top tens of doom and the fact that I actually got to meet Wino,I think the idea of one of dooms greatest and coolest guy's getting #*&@! around with,well,maybe it kind of clouds my judgement......
Back to top Go down
Stained Glass Flames
Chakafakka
Stained Glass Flames

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Yeah, man, Wino's an icon in this genre for a reason. Isn't he supposed to be releasing some solo stuff? I think I heard that he's colaborating with Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:27 am

This is one of those Wino projects I haven't heard yet...I'm so behind. Mad
Back to top Go down
detuned
Mattafakka
detuned

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This is one of those Wino projects I haven't heard yet...I'm so behind. Mad

Start with Divine Propaganda, that's an incredibly solid album with some killer tunes. Mother, Teacher, Destroyer runs a close second for me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote   THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote
Page 1 of 1