THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Empty
PostSubject: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 6:29 am

I'm a BIG Molly Hatchet fan. I love the early stuff, I love the more recent stuff. It's all great!

Favorites:
1. Molly Hatchet
2. Flirtin' w. Disaster
3. No Guts Not Glory
4. Silent Reign of Heros
5. Devil's Canyon
6. Take No Prisinors
7. Beatin' the Odds
8. Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge

Least favorite:

1. Lightning Strikes Twice
2. The Deed is Done
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Love 'em! WAY UP!

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Mollyhatqj8

The first three studio albums (see further below) are my personal favorites
and No Guts, No Glory and Double Trouble Live are great ones too! Smile

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Mhngnggy4 MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Mhdtlxr7

I haven't really explored anything after that and the more recent stuff has always seemed kind of odd to me because there were no members from the original lineup in the band any longer. Huh?

Although I hear that Dave Hlubek has returned to the band recently, which is way cool! Big Smile

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Hlubek

But in their heyday, they were one of the top and hardest rockin' Southern Rock bands out there - second only to SKYNYRD in my book. Peace out!

They also had some of the most BITCHEN album covers around at the time! Big Smile

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! 05

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! 02

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! L0030095edit300pc0

And finally, a heartfelt R.I.P. to founding members Danny Joe Brown and Duane Roland who both passed away far too soon in 2005 and 2006 respectively. Crying

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Dannyjoebrown1eg3 MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Duaneroland1editki8
______Danny Joe Brown_________________Duane Roland
________1951 - 2005____________________1953 - 2006
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Yup, here is a recent photo of Molly Hatchet with Hlubeck in the line-up.

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Hatchet06pic
Dave Hlubeck is far right, Bobby Ingram is far left.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:56 am

Count me in as a fan. All their albums are in the vault. Twisted Evil

💋
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 1:55 am

Though I only really listen to the early Hatchet, I love these guys as
well.
Not only are they an incredible band, but they really helped keep the
southern rock scene alive. Sound-wise they picked up right
where Skynyrd left off.

On the one hand, they did an excellent job of replicating Skynyrd's
knack for tight compositional brilliance and southern style. But on the
other hand, they really had their own "sword to swing". They brought a
highly developed and distinctive style of their own to the table.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:04 am

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
Though I only really listen to the early Hatchet, I love these guys as
well.
Not only are they an incredible band, but they really helped keep the
southern rock scene alive. Sound-wise they picked up right
where Skynyrd left off.

On the one hand, they did an excellent job of replicating Skynyrd's
knack for tight compositional brilliance and southern style. But on the
other hand, they really had their own "sword to swing". They brought a
highly developed and distinctive style of their own to the table.

They were one of the best at mixing that classic southern style with what was then labeled heavy metal. (Having since been redefined as 'hard rock' or 'classic rock') Hatchet and Blackfoot were the heaviest of the Southern bands.

Why don't you listen to the newer releases? They are very good.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 10:31 pm

I guess I never got around to it. No biases, just wasn't interested in them. What would you recommend? I've only got Beatin the Odds, Flirtin With Disaster, and No Guts No Glory so far.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 2:11 am

You have those eh?? Huh?

My opinion so just take it for what it is worth. Evile & OOF!

Go back to the first album. Get it. Ed-banger!

Then just go *up the ladder* and fill in the holes. Twisted Evil

Get them all. Yay!

But skip the album The Deed Is Done because it blows IMO. Sleep Spend your hard earned money on something better like an N SYNC album or something. Sleep

💋
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:45 pm

GODSWIZARD wrote:
Get them all. Yay!
Perhaps, one day, my magical friend.

I was planning on getting the first one and THEN getting some of the others, perhaps, if I came across them ... so basically what you suggested.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 7:25 am

dOOm&gLOOm wrote:
I guess I never got around to it. No biases, just wasn't interested in them. What would you recommend? I've only got Beatin the Odds, Flirtin With Disaster, and No Guts No Glory so far.

My Top four suggestions (In no particular order)
Devil's Canyon
(1996)
Silent Reign of Heroes (1998)
Kingdom of XII (2001)
Locked and Loaded (2003)

Their late 80's catalog isn't so hot. They were being pushed by the record company to go in a similar direction to .38 Special and it just didn't work for them. However, their 1990's to current catalog are fantastic!

Also recommended:
25th Anniversary: Best of Re-Recorded (2004)
Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge (2005)
Greatest Hits Live (King Biscuit Flower Hour) (2003)
This one is
Molly Hatchet recorded live in Los Angeles, CA on February 12, 1982
in front of a roaring crowd at the Palladium in Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:06 am

I was a fan of the original band and I'm a fan of the current line-up also. DJB hand picked Phil McCormack to replace him for a good reason, he's a very good singer and a fine showman. I'm goin to see em later this month @ Jaxx in Va. along with Phil's former band The Roadducks and two excellent new southern rock acts Southern Fury and The Gypsy Sons. Should be a real barn burner!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 am

gmusic wrote:
I was a fan of the original band and I'm a fan of the current line-up also. DJB hand picked Phil McCormack to replace him for a good reason, he's a very good singer and a fine showman. I'm goin to see em later this month @ Jaxx in Va. along with Phil's former band The Roadducks and two excellent new southern rock acts Southern Fury and The Gypsy Sons. Should be a real barn burner!

Sounds like a blast. Wish I could be there.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Wanker
metalken

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-13

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 11:42 am

Way back when, they played a show way up here in western Canada; I believe it was the 'Flirtin'...' tour (so like 80/81), and even though they played before about 6000 people, they did their own stage set up and take down, their own pre-show tuning and the like. It was like a 'bar' band on the big stage.
And they had the only 'true' encore witnessed around here, when the lights came up, after the official encore; the crowd continued hootin' and holerin' and chanting Hatchet, for like forever, and as the band and few roadies came out to take things down, people went nuts; so the band ran through a couple more tunes.
Back to top Go down
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:50 pm

metalken wrote:
Way back when, they played a show way up here in western Canada; I believe it was the 'Flirtin'...' tour (so like 80/81), and even though they played before about 6000 people, they did their own stage set up and take down, their own pre-show tuning and the like. It was like a 'bar' band on the big stage.
And they had the only 'true' encore witnessed around here, when the lights came up, after the official encore; the crowd continued hootin' and holerin' and chanting Hatchet, for like forever, and as the band and few roadies came out to take things down, people went nuts; so the band ran through a couple more tunes.

That sounds awesome Bouncy What a great tour that would have been to see.
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:21 pm

Welcome gmusic,hey metalken,you were really fortunate to have got to see Hatchet with good ol Danny Joe.After listening to them for years I finally got to see them at Billy Bob,s in Fort Worth and yeah Phil does an excellent job.It was an honor to get to do a review on the show as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:14 am

I've seen Hatchet 5x in my life thus far. Saw them twice with Danny Joe Brown, twice with Jimmy Farrar and once with the current line-up. They've never disappointed. Always a great band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!   MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOLLY HATCHET FANS sound off!!!
Page 1 of 1