THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent samplers I've made...

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
IronGuardian
TrogDawn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Recent samplers I've made... Empty
PostSubject: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 7:52 pm

...of bands I've tended to ignore over the years due to their lyrical content.

I reviewed some of the lyrics from VENOM and remembered that there were quite a few songs that didn't do the "hail satan" stuff, so I made myself a little comp to groove on. Here's the tracklist for that one:

VENOM - Antivenin
1. Angel Dust
2. Schizo
3. Poison
4. Bloodlust
5. Countess Bathory
6. Acid Queen
7. Manitou
8. Nightmare
9. Rip Ride
10. AAAAAARRGHH
11. Speed King
12. Hell Bent
13. Megalomania

Then, I found a long forgotten band called WARFARE that I used to like. They had a similar sound to Venom, but without all of the satan schtick. I downloaded their Two Tribes and Pure Filth releases in their entirety.

And, if I didn't mention it already, I was also able to download SATAN - Court in the Act and ANGEL WITCH - Angel Witch...two more great NWOBHM albums. WAY UP!

Last edited by on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
IronGuardian
Chewbakkafakka
IronGuardian

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 12:55 am

SATAN.... where have i heard that name before....

Blind Guadrian covered their song Trial By Fire on the BG album Somewhere Far Beyond.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironguardianindustries.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 11:51 am

IronGuardian wrote:
SATAN.... where have i heard that name before....
Recent samplers I've made... Church_lady
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Looking forward to that compilation.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 2:16 am

ultmetal wrote:
Looking forward to that compilation.
Yeah, it's not bad! Just enough VENOM to satisfy. Smile
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 7:14 am

I didnt know Blind Guardian did a Satan cover! Man I would love to hear that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
BLOOD AND IRON
Wanker
BLOOD AND IRON

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Some call me crazy but after years of having the welcome to hell sleeve at home i got rid of it and now i have the double "from hell to the unknown" which has all the songs and more bonus and i dont have to look at the goat and inverted pentagram anymore.
I tried to get rid for 2 times to mega therion by celtic Frost with the Giger offensive sleeve but i really love the album so i always come back buying it again...now ive just put the inner sleeve on front of the record sleeve in a outer plastic sleeve that way i dont look at that crap (did the same for 2 bathory).
I had the Pentagram "penta/goat" sleeves but sold em all.
The original artwork of the 2 first albums is way much cooler, expensive but worth the investment.
And i think theres one 7" by Angel Witch i will never buy....
Back to top Go down
SabbSteve
What is the Matrix?
SabbSteve

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:15 pm

Yeah,some of that stuff you just have to ignore or change up.I have the "Dehumanized Witch" Sabbath tribute cd and it had a really offensive cover but there was a cool painting of Dio inside so I folded it to where that was showing.Are you a Trouble fan,there was a cool story I read once about the tour with Danzig,Trouble took their id's that had an inverted cross on them and punched a hole in the other end and wore them right side up,highly poed Danzig,love that story !
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:10 pm

BLOOD AND IRON wrote:
Some call me crazy but after years of having the welcome to hell sleeve at home i got rid of it and now i have the double "from hell to the unknown" which has all the songs and more bonus and i dont have to look at the goat and inverted pentagram anymore.
I tried to get rid for 2 times to mega therion by celtic Frost with the Giger offensive sleeve but i really love the album so i always come back buying it again...now ive just put the inner sleeve on front of the record sleeve in a outer plastic sleeve that way i dont look at that crap (did the same for 2 bathory).
I had the Pentagram "penta/goat" sleeves but sold em all.
The original artwork of the 2 first albums is way much cooler, expensive but worth the investment.
And i think theres one 7" by Angel Witch i will never buy....
You're not crazy, man. I feel much the same way. The way I usually deal with this issue is I just make my own covers/inserts for those albums I like musically, but feel discomfort about the cover art.

And yeah, the original artwork for Day of Reckoning by PENTAGRAM is WAY better than the first Peaceville pentagoat re-issue! I'm glad they chose to return to that artwork for the most recent re-issue of that one.

You decide:

Recent samplers I've made... 594208 VS. Recent samplers I've made... ATH-2925
Back to top Go down
Judah AriYah
Master of Sparks
Judah AriYah

Male Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:13 am

Quote :
there was a cool story I read once about the tour with Danzig,Trouble took their id's that had an inverted cross on them and punched a hole in the other end and wore them right side up,highly poed Danzig,love that story !

THAT RULES! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/ariyah
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 7:20 am

Judah AriYah wrote:
Quote :
there was a cool story I read once about the tour with Danzig,Trouble took their id's that had an inverted cross on them and punched a hole in the other end and wore them right side up,highly poed Danzig,love that story !

THAT RULES! Laughing
That is pretty cool. Big Smile
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 am

Ahhhhh the good Pentagra cover! Im gonna have to pick that one up since it got reissued. That was the cover of the tape I bought back in the day when I first discovered them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent samplers I've made...   Recent samplers I've made... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent samplers I've made...
Page 1 of 1