THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Walsh leaving Kansas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sombrant
Trogling
Sombrant

Male Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Steve Walsh leaving Kansas   Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:57 am

Granted, his voice isn't what it used to be... but that band intends to carry on without either of the two songwriters (Kerry Livgren or Steve Walsh). It's really sad to me because they were always one of my favorite bands. Now they will resemble these embarrassing classic rock bands that prop themselves up on one or two members to keep getting paid (like Foreigner).

It IS interesting that they first asked John Elefante to rejoin. He had this to say about it -

"Friends, I was honored to see how many of you lobbied for me to fill the position of Kansas’ lead singer that Steve Walsh will soon vacate. I also really appreciate that the band thought of coming to me first on Wednesday (July 2nd) to discuss rejoining the band. We had a great and fruitful sit down together, but as with any big decision in my life, I find it most important for myself, my family and friends to turn to prayer. On Friday (July 4), God had swiftly answered these prayers but His response was not what I was expecting, which was a definitive closing of the door.

A lot of times, the fans are left in the dark in regards to what takes place behind the scenes – leaving room for speculations. So I felt the need to post this message to eliminate any speculations. The inner-workings of a band are sometimes very complicated, I respect and surely understand that. I am very much enjoying where my travels have taken me so far and truly love the freedom I have earned. And there is still so much that I have to offer the fans by way of my solo recordings, live performances, etc. I truly believe that Kansas will find a good fit and continue to be a great band. I would also like to add that Steve Walsh is one of the reasons I wanted to become a singer. His talent will be missed and I wish him well."
Sincerely,
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickmester.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh leaving Kansas   Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:22 am

I saw them last summer and Steve sounded great.
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh leaving Kansas   Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 pm

I would LOVE a shot at the gig...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh leaving Kansas   Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:37 pm

WAY UP! 
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sombrant
Trogling
Sombrant

Male Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh leaving Kansas   Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:15 pm

They just announced their new guy - Ronnie Platt. He's in a cover band in Chicago. Was the singer for Shooting Star in like 2007-2011, but made no recordings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickmester.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh leaving Kansas   Steve Walsh leaving Kansas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Walsh leaving Kansas
Page 1 of 1