THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern   Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 am

Hello everyone! I haven't been to this board in ages!!

But something made me think of our buddy Trog the other day!

Have you guys ever heard of Todd Snider? He's a ramblin hippie country folk musician who has a song called "The Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern". Well, on one of his live albums, there's a track called "The Story of the Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern", where Snider spends five minutes on stage explaining the story behind the song.

Supposedly a true story, Snider describes a friend of his from Waco (I think), who introduces himself as Trog, and according to the story he's the 6'8", 300 pounds guy who introduced him to Jerry Jeff Walker before he even knew how to play music. I thought--that's either a wierd coincidence or Randy used to live in Texas.

Here you can watch a youtube video of somebody who mashed the "story" and the song together in one track.

Anyone got anything to say about that???

(PS Randy, I know you're not 300 pounds, but I figured the story could be an exaggeration)
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern   Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah, I've shrunk about 4 inches and dropped 60 pounds... Rolling Eyes

Good to "see" ya, d00g! Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern 416866
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
dOOm&gLOOm
TROGLIKE
dOOm&gLOOm

Male Number of posts : 1205
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern   Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:18 am

sup brutha!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern   Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Not much...still embroiled in the battle, but now engaged to a beautiful gal with a heart of gold. How's you doin'?
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern   Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todd Snider - Story of Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern
Page 1 of 1