THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ramones

Go down 
+4
Popergeist
ghosts of athanasius
TrogDawn
Jeffdls
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

Male Number of posts : 1791
Registration date : 2007-01-18

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:58 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned these guys. They had the songs & the attitudes that defined punk Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:47 pm

HELL YEAH they did!  WAY UP! 

I love them.  Practically every song is a classic! Punker Than Thou

The Ramones B00005JGAH.02.LZZZZZZZ

Last edited by TrogDawn on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gabba gabba hey!)
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

Male Number of posts : 1791
Registration date : 2007-01-18

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 11:08 am

I Wanna Be Sedated is a great song . . . the video is pretty funny as well Dee deedee
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 12:04 pm

Have you ever seen the movie Rock 'n' Roll High School ? That's how I got turned on to them. WAY UP!

Last edited by TrogDawn on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : hey ho! let's go!)
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 3:50 pm

long time fan. My friend Cliffy got to back up Joey Ramone. Lucky, lucky!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Wow! What a cool experience that must have been! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:12 pm

i got into this band waaaaaaaaay back in the early 80's at the wee young age of 13.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Popergeist wrote:
i got into this band waaaaaaaaay back in the early 80's at the wee young age of 13.

Yep! That's about when I got into them too:

TrogDawn wrote:
Have you ever seen the movie Rock 'n' Roll High School ? That's how I got turned on to them. :thumbsup:

Last edited by TrogDawn on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pleased to meet you! one of us!)
Back to top Go down
Popergeist
Cap'n Caveman!!!
Popergeist

Male Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-01-31

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:41 am

i started listening to the misfits long before i even knew who were metallica were LOL
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Not me. I wasn't nearly that hip. First Misfits tunes I heard were Metallica's versions of "Last Caress" and "Green Hell". That got me started though.

Actually, Metallica was responsible for turning me on to a LOT of stuff that I might not have heard or looked for otherwise:

Misfits
Samhain
GBH
Broken Bones
Budgie
Blitzkrieg
Holocaust
Discharge

etc...

But Megadeth was responsible for turning me on to Diamond Head. I saw Dave wearing their shirt and just from the logo, my interest was piqued and I sought them out. So, I was listening to them long before I heard Metallica's cover versions.
Back to top Go down
screaming7s
Mattafakka
screaming7s

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-02-25

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:04 pm

The Ramones Ramone2

Marky Ramone, My daughter & Me
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Wanker
scottmitchell74

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-23

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Raise the children in the way that they should go!!

Great pic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/scottmitchell74
screaming7s
Mattafakka
screaming7s

Male Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-02-25

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Wanker
metalken

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-13

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:29 am

GODSWIZARD wrote:
I have to post this. Twisted Evil

Because at heart i'm just a S.O.B. and every now and then it gets out of control. Besides.......i've been scrupulously ignoring this section of the Cave. But tonight the voices (in my head) are especially loud and they want me to post here--on this forum--tonight. Shocked

I hate punk. Evile With a passion. Furious

I detest the RAMONES music. Sigh Again, with a passion. Furious

Back in the day......when the RAMONES first album (on vinyl back then) came out.......I thought it looked cool. Doom-Metal I bought it because it looked good (this was before the days of *you can listen to whatever the hell you want*) and I was very, very, very good at buying (unheard) hard/heavy/metal bands and albums from the looks alone. Twisted Evil So I bought this hardly able to wait to hear what audio pleasures awaited me. Yay!

I took it home......played the *A* side of the vinyl album and.......put it away. I never listened to the *B* side. Evil or Very Mad I detested and loathed it that much. BARF! It was horrid. Buttheads Words like *obliteration* and *destruction* came to mind as I thought about what to do with my new musical abortion. Nasty!

But because I was a collector back then.....and very much concerned with the *numbers* game.....I kept it because "It made my collection bigger by one". Skippy I kept it but never, ever pulled it out again to listen to the second side. I hated the first side that much. Overly simple, talentless musical dross. YUCK! It also alerted me to this *new* musical phenomenon known as punk. I avoided punk (and still do) like the plague. A happy 'no'

As I got rid of my collection, I grew curious about the *B* side of the RAMONES album. The one i'd bought years ago and only listened to that one time, one side. So while the rest of my albums went straight into the trash......my RAMONES did not. It hit the turntable. I listened to the *B* side. I reminded myself of why I hated this soooooooooooo much when I bought it. Grumpy I took it off the turntable after listening to that whole side. Then......I carefully and lovingly placed it in my oven. Adjusted the heat......melted it. And took it out to cool. DenlingerEscapePlan

I was now the proud and extremely pleased owner of a brand new RAMONES candy dish. That candy dish served me well for many years. Yay!

💋

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel Laughing .
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:14 am

screaming7s wrote:
The Ramones Ramone2

Marky Ramone, My daughter & Me
That is a GREAT pic, dood! WAY UP!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Cap'n Caveman!!!
zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2007-01-17

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 pm

My brother turned me onto The Ramones waaaaay back. Im still a fan! I used to spin Rocket To Russia constantly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inwardrocks
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:33 pm

GODSWIZARD wrote:
I have to post this. Twisted Evil

Because at heart i'm just a S.O.B. and every now and then it gets out of control. Besides.......i've been scrupulously ignoring this section of the Cave. But tonight the voices (in my head) are especially loud and they want me to post here--on this forum--tonight. Shocked

I hate punk. Evile With a passion. Furious

I detest the RAMONES music. Sigh Again, with a passion. Furious

Back in the day......when the RAMONES first album (on vinyl back then) came out.......I thought it looked cool. Doom-Metal I bought it because it looked good (this was before the days of *you can listen to whatever the hell you want*) and I was very, very, very good at buying (unheard) hard/heavy/metal bands and albums from the looks alone. Twisted Evil So I bought this hardly able to wait to hear what audio pleasures awaited me. Yay!

I took it home......played the *A* side of the vinyl album and.......put it away. I never listened to the *B* side. Evil or Very Mad I detested and loathed it that much. BARF! It was horrid. Buttheads Words like *obliteration* and *destruction* came to mind as I thought about what to do with my new musical abortion. Nasty!

But because I was a collector back then.....and very much concerned with the *numbers* game.....I kept it because "It made my collection bigger by one". Skippy I kept it but never, ever pulled it out again to listen to the second side. I hated the first side that much. Overly simple, talentless musical dross. YUCK! It also alerted me to this *new* musical phenomenon known as punk. I avoided punk (and still do) like the plague. A happy 'no'

As I got rid of my collection, I grew curious about the *B* side of the RAMONES album. The one i'd bought years ago and only listened to that one time, one side. So while the rest of my albums went straight into the trash......my RAMONES did not. It hit the turntable. I listened to the *B* side. I reminded myself of why I hated this soooooooooooo much when I bought it. Grumpy I took it off the turntable after listening to that whole side. Then......I carefully and lovingly placed it in my oven. Adjusted the heat......melted it. And took it out to cool. DenlingerEscapePlan

I was now the proud and extremely pleased owner of a brand new RAMONES candy dish. That candy dish served me well for many years. Yay!

Wow...only seeing this for the first time...and it was posted 6 years ago.  I find it particularly harsh since Tommy Ramone just died.

How can you even call yourself a music fan if you detest one of the purest expressions of rock 'n' roll ever produced?

This sounded pompous and inflated to me and I'm kinda glad this poster isn't around anymore. Nuff sed.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:35 pm

And...just to cleanse the palette Punker Than Thou

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ramones   The Ramones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ramones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE CAVE :: MUSIC DISCUSSION :: Musicus Generalis :: Punk's Not Dead!-
Jump to: