THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...

Go down 
+2
Jeffdls
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Empty
PostSubject: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:12 am

We've posted a sneak peak to the new Ultimatum CD on our MySpace. This is a pre-production mix.
www.myspace.com/ultimatummetal
Let us know what you think. The song is called "Locked in Chains".

If anyone wants a higher quality MP3, post your email address and I'll send it off.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

Male Number of posts : 1791

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:13 am

Does this mean we can start pre-ordering it? Big Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:14 am

I'm just waiting on Retroactive to announce the pre-orders. At that point I can give the track listing and ordering info.

Looks like the release date will be July '09.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Coolness. Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Jeffdls wrote:
Coolness. Looking forward to this.

Me too!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:42 am

Quote :
5-19-09

I'm very excited about this release. I was in the studio yesterday putting the finishing touches on some of the vocals. Robert's guitar tone on this album is crushing! Alan's drum work is some of the best you will have ever heard on an Ultimatum record. Our producer, Ysidro Garcia, who also produced "Into the Pit" and the demo tracks on "...'til the End", has come up with one heavy sound for us.

We ended up with 13 songs out of a list of over 50 songs. Obviously, not every song I wanted to cover made it onto the record. However, the songs we did record are a good smattering of influences on us. We have a few more obscure bands such as The Moshketeers, and some well known bands such as Metallica and Megadeth. A couple of the songs were taken from suggestions on the board here as well.

With some of the songs, we took a lot of liberties and really turned the song into our own. We chose one of the slower Megadeth songs from one of their less popular albums, but we double timed the tempo of the song, added in our own flare, my vocals, Robert's guitar solos, etc. and the song becomes something completely new. I think people will be surprised by how heavy this song is, as well as how it sounds like Ultimatum while paying homage to Megadeth at the same time.

A few songs, such as "Creeping Death" we took less liberties with and kept the song pretty much how it was written. This song and a couple others just seems to fit us as it is.

Many of the other songs, such as The Moshketeers "Locked in Chains" and others, we kept the basic song structure the same but added in some of our own flare, making minor changes and adjustments to fit our style. On this song in particular, Alan supercharged the drum work from the original adding in some double bass work, Robert added in some extra guitar solos and added some dissonant chords to give some parts a harsher, heavier sound.

Of course, my vocals are my vocals and don't really sound like Paul Scozzafava, nor did I try to sound like him. This is the case with the entire album, I tried to keep the original feel of the song, while at the same time singing in my own style. On some songs, such as the Vengeance Rising cover, I went for that heavy, aggressive sound like I did when I sang for Once Dead. However, on others I went for a much higher, shrill sound, not unlike the vocals on Into the Pit.

It looks like the release date will be in early July. Pre-orders will begin soon. Those who pre-order the CD will be given a free Headbanging 101 CD as well. I'll post info on pre-orders as soon as I can.

Ultimatum will not have early copies for sale. Those wishing to buy directly from the band after the release date, I will also give ordering info to. Copies from the band will be autographed by all four band members.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Set me up with dat pre-order, muttafukka! Ed-banger!
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
bigjtink
Mattafakka
bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:19 pm

This album will suck, I will probably only buy 3 or 4 copies.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:53 am

bigjtink wrote:
This album will suck, I will probably only buy 3 or 4 copies.

Not sure why, but I found that so funny, I started laughing out loud at work and my co-workers were looking at me like, "what the...?"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
bigjtink
Mattafakka
bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Truth is, I heard a cut on Dale's radio show and I dig it. But then, I am a fanboy>>>
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks Tink. Glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah - I'll be getting at least one.

at least.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:29 am

We were in the studio last night. Final night of recording gang vocals and guitar solos. Now we just wait for mix and mastering. It sounds friggin'' fantastic. I'm really pumped about this one. We gave the songs our own feel for sure. I invited a few friends to come down and shout with us on a few songs.

metalheaded wrote:
Man, this CD's production is moving along very nicely!

I had the privilege of attending a background vocals recording session this evening, where I got to hear the latest mixes of most of the songs that will be on this bad boy....

Want to know what they are? Huh?

Ok.

Here's what I got to hear, and they were sweeeet:

Overkill's "Powersurge"
Metal Church's "Ton of Bricks"
Quiet Riot's "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)"
Saxon's "Denim & Leather"
Motorhead's "Iron Fist"
Twisted Sister's "Sin After Sin"
Vengeance Rising's "Can't Get Out"
Metallica's "Creeping Death"
Megadeth's "Moto Psycho"
Judas Priest's "Steeler"

I could go on about how each song sounds, but I don't wanna give it ALL away, heh heh.... Let's just say that they've all been officially Ultimatized, and they KICK YOU IN THE FACE WITH BOTH FEET.

I spent quite a bit of time experimenting vocally on some of these songs. Denim & Leather was especially fun. I started off singing it, but with the heavier, faster riffing that Robert is doing in our version, the sing-songy vocals didn't seem to fit. Instead I gave the vocals the typical Ultimatum snarl and attitude. It works well IMO. I really like the way that song came out.

The Megadeth song is one of my favorites. I wasn't too keen on Robert's choice of "MotoPsycho". It's an ok song, but far from a favorite from the large Megadeth catalog. However, what he did with the song makes it one of my favorites on the album. It is the song we probably changed the most from the original, while still paying homage to 'ol Dave and crew.

The guitar tone on Steeler will rip a hole in the ozone! Can't wait to hear this one when it's completed and mixed. I haven't heard what Robert did on the extended guitar section yet.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:21 am

Awesome!!! Looking forward to this!! Ed-banger!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:19 am

If anyone wants to order the CD directly from Ultimatum, now is the time. We will autograph all pre-ordered CD, unless you request that we don't.

$15 (inc. shipping) in the U.S.
$17 (inc. shipping) outside the U.S. or Australia
$19 (inc. shipping) Australia

Paypal: ultimatums777@hotmail.com

Checks or money orders to:
Ultimatum
PO Box 12299
Albuquerque, NM 87195-2299 USA
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 am

Just ordered mine! WAY UP! Please sign on the inside or back of the cover only - you know how I feel about album art being defiled! GEEN!
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Awesome. I'll pre-order an signed copy (along with a patch Big Smile) from y'all and another one from DMD.
Back to top Go down
NapalmDave
Mattafakka
NapalmDave

Male Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:56 pm

I'll buy one
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dave80tunes
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Cool. Thanks.

Pre-orders are being taken now.

Otherwise, the release date is July 21st.

ult
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:38 am

Anyone want a sample MP3? Give me your email address and I'll send you a link.

ult
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:58 am

Looks like those who pre-ordered from the band will received one of Robert's custom green Dava guitar picks and an Ultimatum button.

Those who pre-order from Divine Metal Distribution will receive a free copy of Untombed Magazine.

Scott
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Ha - I got a green pick already! Smile

I don't have the album though. . . are you guys coming to CStone?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 am

No. I wish. We were offered a spot but we just couldn't swing it financially this year.
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:25 am

Gotcha. Bummer - was looking forward to hanging some with you all.

I'll find the link to pre-order here shortly. I want one. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 am

_Wes wrote:
Gotcha. Bummer - was looking forward to hanging some with you all.

I'll find the link to pre-order here shortly. I want one. Smile

Cool. Appreciate it.

Here's the link:
http://www.divinemetaldistro.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=1007
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:29 am

Oh - too late. Smile

Just sent the paypal cash to you directly. Smile

Thanks!! Looking forward to cranking this one in my car! And while running. Ultimatum is awesome while running. . .
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Cap'n Caveman!!!
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:20 am

_Wes wrote:
Oh - too late. Smile

Just sent the paypal cash to you directly. Smile

Thanks!! Looking forward to cranking this one in my car! And while running. Ultimatum is awesome while running. . .

Paypal direct to us is cool too. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...   Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peak at the new Ultimatum CD...
Page 1 of 1