THE CAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE CAVE

Several Species of Large Burly Trogs Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving on the Doom
(a.k.a. the official STONE GROOVE RECORDS message board)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sad day for me in Trouble land.

Go down 
+3
Shawn Eat Snake
ghosts of athanasius
etombdissonance
7 posters
AuthorMessage
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Sad day for me in Trouble land. Empty
PostSubject: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL has joined legendary Illinois doomsters TROUBLE as the group's new frontman.

The news comes as the band returns to its Chicago base following a successful European tour.

TROUBLE founder and guitarist Rick Wartell explains: "It was a mutual agreement [between now-former TROUBLE singer Eric Wagner and the rest of the band to go our separate ways]. You need to follow your heart in this business and if you are not into it 100% then it is time to move on. We all felt it was the best thing for all parties involved. There are no hard feelings. I'm sure Eric will continue making music and we wish him the best."

Wartell went on to say: "We are very excited to have Kory step in and take over the vocals for TROUBLE. He's been one of my favorite frontmen in this industry for many years. He will add a new dimension that we can use. It's not like we just picked out some guy to fill in, this is one of rock's most dynamic and creative frontmen in the industry. I know that when TROUBLE fans get a taste of what Kory does they will not be disapointed at all. Anyone who has seen Kory with WARRIOR SOUL already knows what to expect, and it's awesome."

To catch an early glimpse of the new TROUBLE lineup, sign up for the TROUBLE live webcast, to be held on July 11, 2008 at
www.deeprockdrive.com and see for yourself from the privacy of your own computer.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

Male Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:46 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that sucks!!!!!!!!

ANd I was on a total Trouble kick today too!

OK speculation time... do you think it was Eric's errr habits that contributed to his lack of dedication? I honestly don't know but I do know that pretty much everyone who has seen them recently has commented how trashed/out of it/wasted Eric was and it seems on the live DVD he slurs more as the set goes on.

He is one of my favorite vocalists of all time and I am bummed as well as skeptical on his ability to be replaced
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/athanasius
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

Male Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:02 pm

I always loved his voice...it fit so well...I'm sure Kory Clarke will do a great job since Rick & Bruce wouldn't choose a slacker to replace Eric freakin' Wagner....I'm leary, but I'm hopeful....
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:33 am

I don't want a bunch of, we hate the government, songs either and that is what Warrior Soul is known for. Some commentary is ok but not as a whole album.
Back to top Go down
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:38 pm

political trouble would be a disaster
Back to top Go down
_Wes
What is the Matrix?
_Wes

Male Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Interesting.

I'm not too familiar with Warrior Soul - but love trouble.

hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 1:52 pm

For science sake I checked out a couple WS and my opinion is, this is going to be a big change. I'm leery.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Whassat?
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Male Number of posts : 7533
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Scaddy!
Back to top Go down
http://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:26 am

Honestly, they could have done a lot worse than Kory Clarke...I'd rather they give this a shot than just break up...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:29 am

Sad day for me in Trouble land. L_6c079208e7f29c2ad726df35d5425f59
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:23 am

It's going to take more then rockin the shades.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdls
FLINTSTONER
Jeffdls

Male Number of posts : 1791
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Hmmm, gotta wonder what it's going to sound like now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jeffdls
ghosts of athanasius
Pioneer Cave Keeper
ghosts of athanasius

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:57 pm

I think they should have renamed... I have listened to some WS at Myspace and I am not feeling it. Plus after reading up on him he seems like a primadonna wanker. I can't see how this guy is gonna pull off the classics live.. especially the range Eric had from low/doomy to that cool upper register stuff in a matter of bars
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:34 am

I predict he won't. They will stick to the more mid range songs and change some to fit his vocals. He is a primadonna but so was Eric, that part won't change.
Back to top Go down
Teargas71
Wanker
Teargas71

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:38 am

ghosts of athanasius wrote:
I think they should have renamed... I can't see how this guy is gonna pull off the classics live..

I agree. It could be an interesting combo in the studio, but live doing the classics? No.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:16 am

This happens every time any band changes singers...I'm sure it'll be good, even live. But from here on, everyone will pine for Eric. Not that I don't understand, he's the MAN...I love him.

But let's give KC a chance for TROUBLE's sake...we can't just write off such a classic band over something like this. Who knows, this could turn out to be their "Dio years"...
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:37 am

I think they're too old for the Dio years but I will listen with an open mind. I liked Dio before he joined BS, I don't like KC.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:43 am

etombdissonance wrote:
I think they're too old for the Dio years but I will listen with an open mind. I liked Dio before he joined BS, I don't like KC.

I'm just saying that, creatively, it could open the floodgates for them to take the Trouble sound and expand on it, like what happened to SABBATH w/ Dio...
Back to top Go down
etombdissonance
What is the Matrix?
etombdissonance

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:00 am

Thumbs crossed.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Eat Snake
TROGLIKE
Shawn Eat Snake

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Me too...but I'm trying to keep my expectations even...not expecting it to royally suck ass, but not expecting it to be better than TROUBLE already is...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad day for me in Trouble land.   Sad day for me in Trouble land. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad day for me in Trouble land.
Page 1 of 1